54: Study Hall

3rd person pov:

Kasui continues the day as normal. Only this time determination shines in his eyes. A look that puts best jeanist at ease.

Bes:^ This kid is finally ready to avenge the todoroki family. I wish you all the luck I can give.^

Once kasui is at home. Hawks is lying on the couch. His arm laid over his eyes.

So kasui covers him in a blanket.

Haw:"How was school today?"

Kasui looks depressed.

Kas:"I'd rather not talk about it.  Can we order out tonight? I don't feel like cooking."

Haw:"Sure thing bud."

As kasui begins to walk away. He stops.

Kas:"Tomorrow after school. I have detention because of a fight. So I'll be staying over two hours."

Hawks stands up and pats kasui's head.

Haw:" thank you for telling me. Now I'll go pick up dinner. What are you in the mood for?"

Kas:" Pork katsudon?"

Haw:"You got it kido."

Kasui then smiles and hugs Hawks before he walks out of the door.

Kas:"I'm sorry dad. Someday, I'll be able to help out more. That way you don't have to work so hard."

Hawks kisses kasui's forehead before he takes flight and leaves.

Kasui studies until his dad returns with food. Where they enjoy a meal together.

Kasui goes to clean up, but Hawks uses his feathers to do so before him.

Haw:"Save your strength. You don't want your studies to suffer. Since I've got another late night. I'll make you a snack around midnight if you're still awake."

Kasui nods and waves to Hawks before studying.

Hawks leaves and kasui studies.

By the time Hawks returns. It's 2am and kasui has fallen asleep at his desk again.

So Hawks helps him in bed and covers him up.

Haw:"You don't have to worry. Soon, we'll be together again as a family."

As Hawks mutters to himself. More memories fill his mind. One of Dabi's smile as blood trickles out of the corner of his mouth.

Dabi:"You finally set me free."

Those words ring out and echo. So Hawks swallow a few sleeping pills before flopping on the bed. His m8nd finally quieting down long enough to rest.

The next day, kasui has left for school, and just as planned. They head to the computer room during free period, but not before kasui asks his teacher to contact Hawks to validate his alibie for after school.

Kas:"Thanks, teach.  You're a life saver."

Bes:"Do what you can. We can't do this too much, or he'll catch on."

Kas:"Understood sensei."

Kasui runs to meet tokoyami. Then they put in the thumb drive. Once the information loads. Kasui can't believe what he sees.

Kas:"Wait this is the downfall of the league of villains and overhauls crew. Why are they in this?"

Toko:"Look further down. There's news report videos here aswell."

Kasui watches while sharing earphones with his friend as they watch.

Kas:"Poppa was part of a program to rehab villains? Wait, rewind that part."

Haw:<If he should kill me or anyone else. Then his life is forfeit and the program has failed, but if he should escape. I want his safe return.>

Toko:"That's suspicious."

Kas:"It gets worse. Look here."

News:<Hawks has reported that dabi has been sick for over a month. Yet fans grow suspicious because no photo updates have been made on their social media page. Is dabi really sick? Rumors are spreading that he ran away and joined the Shie Hassaikai.>

Kasui looks and sees cctv footage of dabi going into surgery and Kai kisses him before going back.

Kas:"They were dating?"

Toko:"Look closer. They're both wearing rings."

Then kasui sees the footage both inside and outside of the police van. Only to cover his mouth in shock before puking in a nearby trash bin.

Toko:"It isn't over yet. Here are documents and photos of Endeavor's crime scene.

Kasui sees enji was cut to ribbons and only his face is intact.

Kas:"The rumors are true, but why go this far for one person?"

Toko:"Only crazy knows why it is the way it is."

Then kasui sees that Natsu and fuyumi went missing days before enji was killed and hawks bought the house in the country.

Kas:"Wait go back. I know where Endeavor died. That's the current house we now live in."

Toko:"You said your dad sold the house in the contry right? Then why is it still in tax records as him owning it?"

Kas:"write down the address. We're gonna go check it out today."

Toko:"What about your phone? Won't he notice you moving away from the school?"

Bes:"I'll watch over it here at the school while you both check out the place."

Toko:"We need pro hero backup."

Bes:"No can do. He'll get wind of what's going on if we send anyone with you. You'll have to do this alone."

Kasui nods and hands over his phone. That's when kasui grabs tokoyami and takes flight to get there faster.