18: Rescue A Student

3rd person pov:

After watching the news. Dabi went to bed. Wrapped up in multiple blankets to stay warm.

Meanwhile, Hawks smirks as the news breaks. Then he flew off on his night shift patrol.

As overhaul looks in a tube of liquid. He can't help but think of dabi.

Over:^A soul as broken as he is, needs someone they can rely on.^"I just hope his dream can come true."

Overhaul reaches down and grabs the tiny disembodied arm that's on a table. Only to use his quirk to restore the life of a little girl.

Over:"If only you could control your quirk. Then we could turn back time. Giving him another chance at life."

The next day wasn't special. Dabi went through MRIs, catscans, x-rays, and ultrasounds. After that, Overhaul spent the day with dabi. They talked while waiting for the results. As night came close. The news came on yet again. This time, it was the battle between all for one and all might. Then the news broke of all might's retirement.

Overhaul looks over to see that Dabi is laughing.

The sound surprises chisaki.

Dabi:"His dream has come true only because he was next in l8ne. I can't wait to knock him off the throne that he clawed so desperately for. Things are looking up for once."

Under his mask. Chisaki smiles. Seeing dabi happy makes him happy.

As dabi sits back down on the couch. His hand touches chisaki's. So he quickly pulls away and blushes.

Dabi:"Ssssorry about that. "^ShitshitshitSHitSHIT! I didn't mean to.^

Chisaki chuckles. As Dabi's face turns beet red.

Chisaki:^ How cute. He's flustered over something as small as holding hands.^

Overhaul wraps an arm around dabi and pulls him close.

Chisaki:"It's too early to start base hopping. So relax. We're just working as a team. After some time. We'll let fate determine what happens. I'll let you set the pace if you ever wish to move forward with something else."

Chisaki pats Dabi's head before standing up to leave.

Chisak8:"Tomorrow we should find out your results. If nothing else, we'll at least know what it's made of. That'll get us moving in the right direction."

Dabi:"Yyeah."

Chisaki:"Rest easy. Tonight, you got good news after all."

With a wave. Chisaki walks out to head to bed.

Dabi sits there for awhile as chisaki's words play on repeat in his head.

Dabi:"Damnit. Why did he have to say those words?"^Was he teasing me, or was it genuin?^

Dabi closes his eyes for what felt like only a moment to think and take his mind off of what happened. As memories of his past drift all scense of time away.

A mother crying, father beating on her. Before the door shuts. Locking dabi away from his family. Then flames engulf him. Causing dabi to sit up from his slumber. As morning has come to greet him from the nightmare.