9: Two Months of Insta

3rd person pov:

That night, once Hawks turned over and let dabi go. Dabi sat on the side of the bed. Hands gripping his arms as his head drifts down.

Dabi:^ Without my flames. I feel so cold and weak. It's only now that I realize what my quirk really means to me. Missing the embrace that I never got growing up. My flames were as cl9se as I was ever going to get.^

Dabi shivers so violently that the bed shakes. So Hawks uses his wing to cover dabi. Where feathers move to rub his back. Dabi gets up and leaves the bedroom. So Hawks listens.

Hawks:^ What is he up to?^

Moments later, the sun begins to rise. So Hawks walks into the living room. That's where he sees dabi asleep on the couch. So Hawks smiles and gets him a blanket.

Hawks:^I'll let him rest here this once.^

From 7am to 5pm dabi sleeps. While Hawks files paperwork in his home office. Once awake, he sees a homemade meal sitting on the table.

Hawks stretches a a he's finally caught up on work.

Hawks:"Damn papers."

*ti-tik-tink*

Hawks hears something. So he goes to find the source. That's when he sees dabi eating.

Hawks:"Morning sleeping beauty. Hope you're ready for today, because we're going out."

Dabi:"Public image, right?"

Hawks:"You catch on fast. We need to prep you before we head out, though."

Hawks picks up the unopened package and blushes. Causing dabi to gulp with worry.

An hour passes, and not much looks different other than dabi wearing a mask and a new outfit.

Hawks:"Remember two things babe. That collar has a tracker, and you aren't allowed to take the mask off without my permission. Try to run away or disobey me, and when we get back. You'll be punished. Nod if you understand."

Dabi rolls his eyes. So Hawks grips his chin.

Hawks:"Unless you want a taste of the punishment. I suggest you follow orders."

Dabi nods. Causing those predatory eyes to soften into the public image heroic ones that everyone  sees.

Hawks picks dabi up, and they fly off on their first date. Once out in public. They stop for coffee, go to the fair, and dress like Hawks is going under cover. All events had pictures taken for hawks Instagram page. Then, as they were walking threw town to see what else they could do. They run across Endeavor.

Enji:"What are you both doing out this late?"

Hawks:"I'm showing my guest around to distract him from his troubles."

Enji:"Is that right?"

Enji bows to dabi to greet him.

Enji:"Please excuse my rude behavior. It's a pleasure to meet the man that could make history. What's your name?"

Hawks:^Shit, I forgot to ask. I know he goes by an ailius, but I never thought to ask.^

Dabi looks at Hawks, and as he reaches to pull the mask down. Hawks glares at him. Stopping dabi in his tracks.

Enji:"What's wrong?"

Hawks:"He's taken a vow of silence to show his dedication to the program."^I can't let him take off the mask. He could ask for help, or worse. Endeavor might see the bit gag that's sewn into the mask to silence him.^

Enji:"I see, well you both be careful."

Enji pats dabi on the shoulder. Passing Hawks off.

Enji:"I hope to one day have a chat with you someday. So please take care of yourself."

Enji walks passed them. As dabi looks back in confusion.

Hawks' voice has a sinister tone.

Hawks:"Let's go home."

Dabi looks back and flinches with fear. As Hawks gaze looks crazed and posesive.

As enji turns around. Hawks wraps his arms around dabi and takes flight.

Enji:^I hope he's right and you really are my son. Then I can give you the hug that i never gave you as a kid.^