You Won't Understand: Imayoshi x Reader (angst/feels)

A/N:
LovingReaderForever 's request ;) hope you enjoy this one ;) this is her reward for commenting which mini series she likes most among "Battlefield, I'll Be Back For You, The Broken and The Selfless, and The Irony" (the Anniversary of this Book Contest)

Warning: Angst/Feels ahead!!!

-----

You Won't Understand: Imayoshi x Reader (angst/feels)

How for many months, the same thing always happen between you and Shoichi.

He would be making decisions. Not even consulting you, his fucking girlfriend, or as he refer to you, his woman.

You would always understand. Approach him, try to talk about him.

But all you get from him was a "Just trust me with this. This is my life after all, you won't understand." Followed by a kiss on your lips which he thinks would make you stop the issue.

But it never did.

It was graduation day on Toō. You garnered the highest grade among everyone, Shoichi was around the top 5.

And you were asked to give a short speech.

The start was of course about your academic life, dreams for this school and your future. And when it came to the moment when you have to say something personal.

"In life, when someone cares so much for you, treasure them. Trust them with all your heart. Open up. It's not like they don't trust you to handle things to yourself. It is more like they care too much." You looked at where Imayoshi is.

Yes, you're now calling him by the last name.

All was well while it lasted. "Just like in life, one shall never be an open book, but a diary. A diary is a journal of your own, your personality, your heart. It is something you wanted to keep as secret as much you can, right?" You seek answers from the audience and they all said yes.

"But if you trust a person enough, you'll let him into reading your diary. Guys, life is all about having the persons you care for around you. Live life to the fullest. Fulfill your dreams. And make yourself happy. Happy graduation to all and thank you."

You bowed at the audience, perfectly covering your eyes, with tears streaming down like crazy. You can't face them, specially him down in there in this state.

Quickly, after wiping away the tears, you went backstage and ran back home.

Your glad your parents have a clue about everything so they are less worried of your current state after that speech.

Prisoner of your own world, secluded from anything outside of your own room.

You think it's been days after that. Your phone rings and beeps endlessly, calls and messages from all your friends specially Imayoshi.

All about how sorry he is for whatever he did for you to say what you said. He even asked if he can talk to you.

Actually he even went to your house, but you specifically told your parents not to even let him take a step on the household.

All was too much, and you have to take action before the depression eats you out.

"Mom." You finally talked to someone. It was your Mom placing a new batch of warm food for you.

She was too happy at the progress, but as a mother, she knows she has to listen first.

"I want to go away from here. I really need this Mom."

Your mother listened at every word you said on why she shall allow you to do what you are planning.

---

And in the end, you are allowed to fly to your relative overseas. To continue life there.

You were about to line up for the departure gates when...

"(Your Name)!!! Please!!! Wait!!!" It was a panting Imayoshi. "Why would just leave me like this? You can't be doing this for something-"

"So small? Trivial? Senseless? Is that what you would always say?" You interrupted him, with his very own words whenever you would try to talk with him about his issues.

"(Your Name)."

"Flight 2358. Please now proceed to gate 20."

"Imayoshi." It stung his heart to hear you call him by his last name. "Just trust me with this. This is my life after all, you won't understand." You used his very own words to him.

And hurts him more to realize how he destroyed this woman's heart by not fully letting herself in his life.

"This is not a chic flick where a guy chases a girl and they get back together Imayoshi." You bowed a little at him. "Goodbye. Please find true happiness. Good luck with college."

With that, you turned your back at him, controlling yourself to not look back. Even on how desperate he call for you.

You're not that cold yet, as much as you think. That is why just by hearing his cracking voice calling for you, makes you also tear up, and think if this was all but right the right thing to do.

You entered the gate and eventually were seated inside the plane.

That was it. No turning back, you don't even have a chance anymore.

"Goodbye Imayoshi."

Your plane flies up to to air as Imayoshi was left to weep on the cold floor of the airport in his knees.

How could he let this and everything happen. Why does he have to be such a damned idiot. Is just some of the few questions he asked himself.

---

You are like a diary and it is up to you whom you shall trust enough to know everything about you, even those things you won't even admit to yourself.

- Aquatic Sunshine