chapter-36

Nandu' s POV

Principal questioning," Why did I do that?". I don't know what to answer for that. I've done nothing , everything just happened. I stood there silent while my mind is a mess and my heart is thumping loud. Him examining from tip to toe make me more anxious.

I again stared at him not knowing what to do with swirling thoughts and doubts. He raised his eyebrows for me to answer. Everyone in school says he was so annoying and repulsive, so I don't wanna stand in his bad side. So I asked,"Sir, What have I done!?" in a innocent tone.

" You are questioning me" he questioned angrily.

" No..no..Sir. ", I blurted not wanting to make him to get angry.

"Then what is this!? you are questioning without accepting your mistake". He interrogated. I felt like I'm some criminal caught and get interrogated by the big bad police. Even though I know I'm not innocent here but I have to make him believe that I'm innocent. Or else I've in jail oh..no..no.. I'm out of the school.

" I'm Sorry Sir, If I done anything wrong but I don't remember anything sort of. If I've unknowingly done too, I'm extremely Sorry", I tried to be confident even though I'm at the verge of tears. I know Mom will know everything and will be called to office.

Hearing my broken voice,He softened saying ," It's Okay , But when someone asked help, you should help. It's basic human nature.

" What HELP!?....What NATURE!?..." I blurted not knowing what he was asking.

" Again", he questioned.

I stopped making any noises.

Then he said," you declined Manik when he asked to help him in studies. He was better than other students".

I don't know when did this happened but understood Manik might have said this as he don't want to talk to me anymore. If he don't want,then it's upto him.

"you know as our cricket team concentrated on game, they missed many classes.As exams are getting near, completing total syllabus in a month is bit difficult. If they fail that means it affects our school. So we alloted a student to help them study" narrow

I just said,"Hmm" not knowing what to say.

"But Manik choose you himself ,but before when I asked he said that he will study himself" principal huffed.

"If I let him study by himself then everyone wants the same and noone will study and get failed again . So this was because of you", he pointed his finger towards me.

My head started spinning when I see his hand pointing towards saying it was all because of you....I felt there were many people pointing at me. It was all because ME...... became my background voices, before I'm going to fell I felt two familiar hands caught me and my eyes drooped.

When I opened my eyes principal is staring at me with concern. I stared at him not knowing what to do or say!?. My head hurts little but was better when I bend sideways. Afterwards Principal said that," I don't want to pressure you, it's okay if you're not supposed to do, Take care of yourself first".

Without giving another second, I replied ," I am okay I'll help Manik,there is no problem with that,And about fainting it's just that I skipped meals today. Other than that I am perfectly alright."

"So, okay If you say so but take care of yourself and also I'll talk to him. From tomorrow onwards there will be evening study hours from 4pm to 6pm." Principal said. I nodded to that.

I sat up and principal handed me some water. I drink it up. I felt little better and went out of the room.This was the first time I've seen concern in principal eyes. Is it real or about his school's reputation but felt good that someone concerning for me.