Chapt. 91: God Vs. God, The Aftermath

There stood Kaguya, revived and whole. Kurami glared at the being as Kaguya stared right back. "Kaguya..." She said out loud.

"What have you done, Madara!?" Hashirama shouted with a glare while Madara smirked, taking in a new form himself already.

"We can still beat her!" Tobirama said and ran at Kaguya. Kurami watched as the shinobi charged. He jumped in the air while performing a jutsu and tried to attack Kaguya. When he was in her reach, Kaguya extended her hand and pushed him far away from her.

Naruto acted fast and caught Tobirama in midair before he could hit anything, such as a hard surface. Witnessing this power from Kaguya, all eyes widened as all became aware. They knew that Kaguya wasn't human.

Kaguya turned her attention to Kurami who remained silent, even after taking a new form herself. "You..." She extended her hand again and pointed, "Will return all chakra to me."

Kurami became alert of this as Walrider appeared and attacked. But Kaguya easily demonlished it with a wave of her hand. 'So strong...' Kurami thought as Walrider withered away. 'Now I see. She is the source of all chakra. Which means she will do everything in her power to take it all back. Even if it means killing everyone here.'

"You will return all chakra to me." Kaguya repeated herself.

"I won't." Kurami glared and stretched out her wings wider before the two clashed. The two pushed away from each other before performing their attacks on one another. 

Kurami spread her wings out and shot needle-like feathers toward Kaguya. "Childish." Kaguya said and deflected the feathers. Kurami's eyes glowed and extended her hand out, summoning a dozen of shadow covered kunai, then darted them at Kaguya.

Once again, Kaguya tried to deflect one of the shadow covered kunai, but one of them struck her in the hand, giving Kurami the opportunity to to tackle Kaguya to the ground.

"Is there anything we can do to help!?" Shikamaru asked while watching the fight.

"Doesn't look like it. These two are on a whole different level. If we were to interfere we'll be good as dead." Kiba replied.

"That form she took. What is that?" Kakashi referred to Kurami.

"No clue. But did you see what she did before that? She absorbed Naruto's 9 tail sage chakra and it gave her power. It evolved her." Minato mentions.

"But is it the same Kurami? Her eyes are different. And she doesn't seem to be focused on protecting us anymore. She is a whole different person." Gaara said while eyeing Kurami closely.

"I don't get it. Is that Kurami fighting that woman or not?!" Naruto shouted with rage. He felt like he couldn't do anything as Kurami was fighting the enemy.

"We don't know for sure." Sasuke said. "But we have to keep fighting. The enemy is still here. Those two." He glared at Madara and Obito. "As long as Kurami can handle that woman, we should be fine. And the 10 tails is out of commission thanks to whatever Kurami did to it. It won't be moving anytime soon."

"Sasuke's right! We can still fight! Let's do this, Naruto!" Sakura nodded her head while giving Naruto a look of determination.

"Right! Let's go!" Naruto nodded back and all shinobi continued fighting. Meanwhile, Kurami had tackled Kaguya far away from all shinobi before releasing her, then throwing her to a mountain.

"You are strong." Kaguya said as the dust from the impact cleared. "But that chakra you use doesn't belong to you. You are not the rightful owner." 

Kurami didn't reply back to her as she stared emotionlessly. Her slit pupil white eyes glared deadly at Kaguya's soul. Almost as if she wanted to murder her in cold blood. But there was no telling what Kurami was thinking. She was dead silent. All due to her new form. There was nothing going on in her mind at the moment.

"Answer me. Why do you protect those false shinobi? They have no right to use chakra. You are not human yourself. You are a God, like I am. But you choose to protect those humans. Answer me. Why do you choose this?"

Kurami said nothing as she stayed levitated in the air. She inhaled deeply before exhaling a high pitch whistle, directing at Kaguya. The high pitch whistle blew her away into another mountain.

"I see now..." Kaguya pulled herself out from in between the rocks. "She has become Death herself. She doesn't fear of injuries or anything. The combination of life and death." Her eyes widened when Kurami was no in front of her. She grabbed Kaguya's throat and lifted her out of the rocks, then threw her to the ground. "I shall finish you off elsewhere then." Kaguya said this calmly as she transported herself and Kurami to another dimension.

Meanwhile back at the battlefield, all Shinobi still gave it their all to fight off Madara and Obito. The battle continued. Nobody stopped to rest this time.

As Obito continued to fight, he looked behind him, just at a small glance, he saw Kurami covered in blood with  a severe wound. 'Kurami!' His eyes widened. But when he blinked, she was gone. 'What?' He thought. 'Genjutsu? No. It couldn't have been.'

"Is this what you call a better world, Obito?.... Where do I fit in all of this?" This time he heard her voice. Slowly, time stopped for him and Kurami, back in original state, was in front of him. But he couldn't tell if this was real or all in his head, or somebody performing a jutsu. "Tell me, Obito. Am I even still alive after this?"

Coming back to his senses, Kakashi and him clashed again. But now he was lost in thought. What will happen to Kurami if this war does come to an end? Will she be alive afterwards? That thought lingered in his mind. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~