Chapt. 66: Pain & Rage

"What do you mean, Death?... What do you mean 'those who died'?" Kurami slowly turned around with an emotionless look. 

"People will die, Kurami... People you know..." 

"Who is going to die? What are you talking about?" 

"Others will die, Kurami. Others after you. Not just by accident or have their lives cut short like yours. They will be killed. Murdered...  As you were dead, time went on, and many lives were lost. Lives who you know." 

"Who?" 

"Jiraiya. Asuma. The Akatsuki. Itachi. Neji. Many people you know will die. I've seen their deaths.  How will you feel when you find out that they've died? Will you grieve or will you continue to be this walking corpse with no emotion? Others will grieve, but what will happen to you? How will you feel once you find out about their deaths? It will devastate many hearts, including Naruto's. Think about his feelings in all of this. He's the one you care most about, don't you?" 

"....So what?..." Kurami's hair covered her eyes as her fist tightened. "They're dead, and people will grieve over their deaths... What about me?... What about me?!... They will be remembered! I get it...! They'll be fine! They will be alright, but what about me?! Nobody remembers me!" She screams through her tears that streamed down her cheeks. "I've had my fun! I've made my memories, but still, nobody remembers me! It isn't enough to satisfy me and I don't think nothing will as long as I continue to stay here! I'm still in pain! I'm always in pain! The only people who have recognized me from my first life are Kakashi, Naruto, and Itachi! But what about everyone else!? What about the things they did to me that led me to suicide in the first place!? I wanted them to remember what they did and to know what they put me through! But that's never going to happen! Because nobody remembers a dead girl walking!" 

Kurami quickly turns around and attacks whoever was hiding in the trees. Only birds flew, which caused her to sigh. She thought somebody was there just now. 

"Doesn't matter... I just want to be alone..." She walked off after that. 

'Dead girl walking?!' Karin's eyes widened after hearing all of that. She was the one hiding in the trees, but quickly dodged the attack. She couldn't believe what she just overheard. 'Kurami...is actually dead!? I-I don't get it! I have to tell Sasuke!' 

Karin ran to the small town that her, Sasuke, Jugo, and Suigetsu were staying at for the time being until Sasuke recovers from the battle he had with Deidara. "Jugo. I guess I better go check on Karin." Suigetsu got up and walked to the door, only to be crushed by it when Karin kicked it down. "Hey! Get off me!" He muttered from underneath the door. 

"Wake up Sasuke! There's something you should know!" Karin shouted, having Sasuke wake up from his short nap. Pushing the cute thought of him just now waking up, Karin shook her head and said, "It's about Kurami." 

"What about her?" Sasuke sat up. "Have you already came into contact with her? What happened?" 

"I...I think we should stay away from her." She suggested. 

"What? What are you talking about? Is this another one of your ways to have her not be on the team just because you think she has the hots for Sasuke. Let it go." Suigetsu got himself out from underneath the broken door. 

"Shut up, you idiot! It isn't that at all!" Karin glared and turned her attention back to Sasuke with a frown. "Kurami...isn't who she says she is... She's not an ordinary human. She's something else. Something far more powerful than you and Itachi combined."