Chapt. 9: So Much To Learn From

~Kakashi's P.O.V.~ 

After yesterday's exercise, I let the Hokage know about what happened with Kurami right away. Kurami stood next to me as I was explaining to Hokage about her strange jutsu that she performed the other day. I also mentioned that she perform a hand sign while performing the jutsu. 

"Performing a jutsu without performing a hand sign? Never in my years have I heard of such a thing." Lord Hokage was a bit surprised by this. 

"After she used the jutsu she seem to exhaust herself. She fell over like a doll." Something about this girl wasn't human... Either she used up too much chakra or something else.

"Well, she is due for another check up. It would be best to take her to the infirmary now before you begin your next mission." 

"Right. Let's go, Kurami." I turn to her and she came to my side. I took her to the hospital and watched the medical ninja do their procedures on her. The results were the same as last time. 

Her blood pressure and blood sugar was very low. Her heart beat every few long moments, and they recently discovered for cuts on her thighs. They looked fresh. And the scar across her neck didn't seem to fade. 

One of the medic ninja walked out of the room and informed me, "She seem to be getting worse since the last time you brought her here. She recently self harmed and she hasn't been eating enough. Her body is beginning to rot away." 

"I tried feeding her, but she refuses to eat. At the very least she only eats a snack or a small meal each day. She hasn't been getting enough sleep either. She stays up all night." I replied. 

"And the new cuts?" 

"I...didn't see her do that. She must have done it when I was sleeping or when I wasn't in the room. I'll keep a better eye on her. Is there any way you can help her with her sleep? She's skilled, but at the rate she's going, she might drop out during training or something." 

"Well, we can provide her with sleep medication. Other than that, try getting her to eat. At least 2-3 meals a day. And keep an eye on her. This sort of behavior must be watched." 

"Yes. I will. Thank you." I bowed my head and watched Kurami walk out of the room. "We need to have a talk." I tell her and she frowns. 

Before we meet up with the team, I take Kurami in the middle of the hallway of the hospital to talk to her in private. 

"The doctor tells me you haven't been eating and you have 4 new cuts on your right thigh. And I know you haven't been sleeping. Dark circles are beginning to show underneath your eyes. What's going on with you, Kurami?" 

I knew she would just frown or look the other way to avoid making eye contact. Despite her being mute, she needs to start answering my questions. 

"Why won't you sleep? Why can't you eat? Why are you harming yourself?" I continued to ask her but she remained quiet. I began to grow a bit irritated. I slowly walked over to her and when I reached out to touch her, she quickly shut her eyes and turned her body to the side while shielding herself.