Chapt. 56: Close Call

Days have passed and Orochimaru was getting weaker while Sauske was getting stronger. Kurami kept her distance from Sasuke in order to keep the dark thoughts of him at bay. It won't be long until Sasuke makes his attack. 

He knows that Orochimaru will try and take his body. So he trained on his own without Orochimar's help. In reality, he was going to kill Orochimaru and take his power in order to kill Itachi. 

As days went by, Kurami kept a close eye on Sasuke and Orochimaru. Although she didn't have a plan to keep the others back at the Leaf Village up to date on what was happening. But sooner or later, she knew that Orochimaru was going to die or take Sasuke's body considering the condition he's already in. 

But what is she to do in all of this? What will happen once Orochimaru and Sasuke have their match? Will she flee from the hideout and return to the village, or stay and see what Sasuke's next move? 

At this point she rather return to the village to be with Naruto. But she made a promise to everyone, so she can't return just yet. "Hmm..." She hummed to herself as she sat in her room, knees hugged close together up to her chest. 'I guess I should try and find one of the Akatsuki hideouts... There's more than one...' She thought to herself. 

Kurami transported herself out of the hideout she is currently in and appears outside. She has no idea where the Akatsuki hideouts where and she didn't know where to start. 

She already knows that the Akatsuki is after her. So, does she have to be bait? Be out in the open for them to come to her? Because she had no idea where to start, she started walking off and out of the forest she was currently in. 

She walked a far distance and she hasn't caught sight of anything yet. Trees, grass,  birds, and more trees. The same thing. She felt as if she was going in circles. Until, 

"Helloooo~" 

"Huh?" She looked down when she heard the cheerful greet. It was Zetsu with his head poking out from the ground. "Kurami Kurosawa. Look at you! You're very pretty. But also look dead inside."

'An Akatsuki member?' She thought without saying a word.  She couldn't tell if Zetsu was a member of the Akatsuki because she couldn't see what he was wearing. Only his head was sticking out from the ground due to the jutsu he was using. 'I can't take the risk. Which means there has to be a hideout nearby.' 

"Hey! Where are you going!? Get back here, you brat! Don't walk away while we're talking to you!" Zetsu shouted after her when she walked pass him, still remaining silent. "Get back here!" Zetsu yelled at her and attacked. 

Quickly, Kurami transported herself behind Zetsu and grabbed the back of Zetsu's neck. With Walrider's power in contact, she managed to pull his body all the way out from the ground. 

"Damn you're strong!" Zetsu grunted as he was held up in the air. Knowing she couldn't talk to him, or anybody, Kurami stood there with her hand around Zetsu's neck. She wanted to ask him where the other Akatsuki hideouts were, but she could not. "What? You're not going to say anything? Quite rude of you!"