Chapt. 70: Her Reason

Kurami appeared in the middle of a field with bodies scattered all over the place. The bodies were Monks and the place looked a wreck as if a battle to the death happened beforehand. But Kurami was looking for a certain body, or person in particular.

She walked over the bodies without trying to identify before appearing again in a different place. And there, she found the person she was looking for.

Asuma.

His body was covered in blood from a fatal wound with a cigarette in his mouth and his eyes half open. 'Too late...' Was she wanted to think, before sitting on his waist with her legs on either sides of him and leaning down.

She parted her lips and shadows slowly surrounded both of their bodies. Not long after, Kurami grunted loudly in agony before arching her back and her head titled back. Fatal wounds appeared on her body. The same wounds Asuma had. But his started to close up.

Kurami was reliving the pain and torture Asuma had went through, feeling every ounce of his pain in order to restore his life. She gasped, screamed, and grunted as each wound appeared on her body as the wounds from Asuma's body healed up. Blood soaked her clothes and her cloak.

Slowly, Asuma's eyes showed life before gasping for air just as Kurami fell over. Asuma sat up and clenched his chest as he panted. He could have sworn he was dead. He was shocked to see himself alive. Until his eyes wandered to Kurami.

A pool of her own blood formed beneath her body, but the wounds began to heal. "Kurami! Oh my God!" Asuma rushed to her side. "Hang in there, Kurami!" Before he could touch her, she disappeared again, teleporting to a different location.

She slumped against a tree and allowed her wounds to heal. 'I won't...allow...anyone....to die...' She thought.

Her wounds had healed up but at the same time, she slowly became weak. Her breaths were slowing down and her cheeks began to heat up. She hasn't eaten in days, and hardly gotten any rest.

'Don't fall asleep... Get up... I have to...' Her eyesight began to blur as she tried to force herself to stay awake. But it was no use. Her body was shutting down faster than she could recover.

As she tried to stand up, her body collapsed to the ground. She felt like she was withering away. She was too tired to move or keep her eyes open any longer. Tired. Cold. Hungry.

Kurami slowly closed her eyes and her body stopped moving. She almost looked dead. "Well what do you know." Suigetsu, Jugo, and Karin surrounded the unconscious Kurami. "Didn't think we would find her out here. Is she dead?"

Jugo kneel down and touched her cheek before widening his eyes. "She has a fever. She's burning up!" He scooped her in his arms. "We need to get her to a doctor and fast!"

"Wait, but the town we came from is miles away. Where are we going to find a doctor?" Karin questioned.

"We just can't leave her here, Karin. She has a fever." Suigetsu argued. "We're going back so we can get her to a doctor. Sasuke will have to meet back with us there. Besides, you were going to go after him anyway."