Chapt. 21: The Ambush

Days had went by and everyone was training for the finals. Kurami was out for the night while Kakashi and Sasuke were still training. 

Kurami stood at the edge of a cliff as she stared off into space. The other day she had put Gaara to sleep with her dark power and sent him home, to the place where him, Temari, and Kankuro were staying at in the Leaf Village. 

"Are you ever going to have them remember who you are? If you continue with this you're basically a dead girl walking. You came back to change the way you lived your life, but you're making a difference with other people. You're not thinking about yourself." Death appeared again beside Kurami. 

"I was always this way... Thinking about others before myself... And yet I still got treated differently after being so kind... So being silent is the only way I can live in this world..." 

"Playing it silent. Is that the best option?" 

"In my case, yes... And the ambush during the finals tomorrow." 

"You nearly died, but still survived." 

"I know. With this power..." Kurami lifted her hand up to her face. "I'll make a difference. I'll change the ambush. After all..." She smiled sadly. "I'm always like that..." 

"Kurami? Who are you talking to? Was that you?" Death disappeared when Kakashi walked over. Kurami went back to being silent, but Kakashi knew he heard her talking. "What's the matter?" 

Kurami shook her head before turning on her heels and walking pass him. 

"Just who are you really, Kurami?" Kakashi said out loud, having Kurami stop in place. "I know that I know you from somewhere. Every now and then I hear your voice in my head. I know you from somewhere." 

'Has he figured it out?...' Kurami remained silent. 

"Why can't you talk, Kurami? Why do you want to end your own life? What's driving you towards death?" 

'If only you remembered, you would understand why.' She thought and walked away. The next day, the finals were being held in one big arena where everyone in the village was going to be. 

Kurami stood on one of the rooftops, waiting for it all to begin. She managed to sneak away from Kakashi and Sasuke as they were still in training. With him being distracted with training, she can do what she had to do. 

'First match is Naruto vs. Neji. Then Shikamaru vs. Temari, Sasuke vs. Gaara. And Kankuro vs. Shino. It's going to be held up because Sasuke will arrive late... Then while Sasuke is fighting Gaara, that's when everything will begin. The ambush and Gaara going berserk... I hope I'll be able to stop him this time...' 

Kurami sighed with her thoughts before the first match could begin. She watched as Naruto and Neji faced each other while keeping a look out. She then turned to where the Hokage was, sitting with the Kazekage.