Chapt. 58: Where Are You From?

"Something isn't right..." Kakashi frowned while the wind blew calmly. It's been a while since Kurami went on her own mission. Of course he was worried about her, considering that they have lived together and he's discovered so much about her. 'This feeling again... It's happened before. What's going on?' 

He recalled from the rescue mission when him, Naruto, Sakura, and Chiyo saved Kurami from the Akatsuki. It was an unsettling feeling that lied upon his chest and stomach. It almost made him sick to his stomach. 

Kakashi was worried sick about Kurami. He had no idea of contacting her whatsoever. All he could do was hope for a message from her or that she returned safely back to the village. But worry washed over him. 

During the days with Kurami not by his side, he couldn't help but the think the times he's spent with her and everything he has discovered most about her. When he first found her, her interrogation, the secrets she revealed herself to him. All of it replayed in the back of his head. And now that he thinks about it, there really isn't much about Kurami he could remember except for what he's seen and what she's told, and shown him. 

"Hmm...." He hummed. He left his house to get some air. But questions filled his head, along with memories. 

"Where are you from?" 

"A big house..." 

"From a village?

"...No..." 

He remembered what was said from Kurami's interrogation, having him wander outside of the Leaf Village. 'A big house?... A house outside the village?' 

Kakashi walked all the way back to where he first saw and met Kurami. He went to the cliff where she attempted to end her own life. Looking down it was a long fall. She would have died from a fall like this. But what he didn't notice was a trail at his right side. And it lead straight into the woods. 

Following the pathway, the woods was dark and deep. Not an animal was in sight. All was quiet. Soon enough, he came across a big house that looked to be abandoned. 

'Is this Kurami's house? So far away from the village...' Kakashi thought as he approached the residence. 

The house looked to be abandoned for years and it didn't look like anybody was living inside anymore. How long has this house been abandoned for? 

As Kakashi entered inside the house, nothing but dust and cobwebs were to be seen. He covered his mouth and nose so he wouldn't breathe anything in. He went directly to Kurami's house to get an glimpse of what her living conditions were. But there wasn't much to see. 

An old, rotting bed with most of the wallpaper peeling off and and destroyed stuffed animals. More of them were under the bed as if they were to be remain hidden and undiscovered. Most of her clothes were gone or worn out and her room wasn't decorated as much. 

The curtains were shut and covered with dust. This showed that Kurami never let a bit of sunlight touch her room because she had grown use to the darkness. To this, Kakashi opened the curtains to see better into the room. But his eyes widened, wishing he didn't. 

With the sunlight making the room more clearer, he could see scratch marks, dry blood stains, holes, burn marks, and cuts on the wall, floorboards, and on the bed. It was clear that Kurami was kept indoors most of her life. She shut herself inside her room; never wanting to set foot outside ever again. She felt safe in her own room, even if it drew her mad. 

Whenever she started to hear voices in her head or gain paranoia, she would scream, cry, cut herself, punch the walls and floorboards with her feet, fist and sometimes her head, or sometimes set the room on fire. 

The sight almost made Kakashi throw up. 'Has she...always lived like this?' He thought in horror. 'No. It wasn't always like this. She...locked herself in her own room to avoid going outside. But shutting herself in made her go insane...' 

Kakashi kneel beside the bed and pulled out a dusty, raggedy wolf stuff animal. One that wasn't harmed in anyway. The rest of the stuffed animals were either torn, burnt, or covered in blood. It looked to be the only toy that you could still call a stuffed animal. 

"You've been through so much without saying a word..." Kakashi frowned as he looked at the stuffed wolf toy before taking his leave. 

Returning to the village, Kakashi set the wolf toy in his guest bedroom, where Kurami's room was. He couldn't get the image out of his head. The state of her old room. He wanted to do much much for her but didn't know where to begin. All he could do was hope for her safe return. 

Not only that, he also wanted others to remember her. Him and Naruto were the only ones able to remember her and what she's been through. But everybody else were only remembering bits and pieces. Kurami wish she could tell others who she was, but she couldn't. Not without the penalty taking effect. 

'How can I make them remember you? You can't keep going on like this...!' Kakashi thought with his fist tightening out of anger. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry to make it short! >.<