Chapt. 45: Still Suffering

Kurami had wondered off into the forest of the Leaf Village after meeting Sai and Yamato. She couldn't really comprehend the thought of having a new team member and sensei on squad 7. Already meeting them and she is back to being distant. 

Kurami levitated up to one of the tree branches and sat against the trunk. Her eyes wandered to the ground as she went into thought. Already she didn't like Sai because of the way he attacked Naruto Earlier, and she didn't really fancy Yamato since she has never met him in her 1st life. 

'I already don't like them...' She closes her eyes. 

She  opens her eyes again when she feels a presence nearby. Lightly sitting up from against the trunk of the tree, she saw Sai walking over to the tree she was in. 

"I found you, Kurami." Sai smiled up at her and Kurami remained silent, not greeting him back. "I was hoping you and I could chat." 

To this, Kurami shook her head and hopped down from the tree branch she was in, and began to walk away. She had nothing to say to Sai, nor did she want to say anything to him. 

As she walked off, the back of her cloak was grabbed and she was forcibly turned around as one of her wrists were grabbed by Sai. Kurami's eyes widened at this and how fast, and quietly Sai's movements. 

"It's awfully rude to walk away from somebody who wants to talk with you. Don't you know that?" Sai kept the closed eye smile on his face while tightly and firmly holding her wrist. 

With this, a voice rang through her head. Her voice from the past. Screaming. 

"LET ME GO!" 

A memory was replaying in her head. A memory that she had no control of. 

"You little slut! Come here!" They grabbed her by her wrists and pinned her down, trying to cover her mouth as she cried out with tears staining her cheeks. 

"Please stop! You're hurting me! No!" Kurami screamed as she was forced down before having her throat grabbed to silence her, but only choking her screams. 

'No... Release me, please....' Kurami pleaded within her thoughts as she stared at Sai with wide eyes while having this memory replay in the back of her mind. 'Release me...!' Shadows crept from Kurami's body and made its way to Sai's hand, the one that was holding her wrist. 

Sai opened his eyes when he saw this then looked back at Kurami. More shadows crept from behind Kurami. Her expression showed as if she was about to cry. 

"LET ME GO!" She screamed in terror. The shadows blew away Sai, separating him from Kurami. "Ah!" Kurami dropped to her knees and held her head tightly. 

Tears were already starting to stream down her face as she was breathing quickly, as if going into a panic attack. But her cries soon turned into growls of hatred. 

She lifted her head and glared at sigh, and the wind suddenly blew, turning the air cold as ice. Her eyes flashed red for a moment as a animalistic growl escaped her throat, causing the ground to shake. 

Sai's body levitated in the air then flung to a tree, all to Kurami's doing. He grunted and coughed up a big of blood when his back hit the tree, nearly snapping it into two. 

Quickly calming herself down, Kurami stood up and left the forest in a hurry before Sai could recover. Returning to the village, Kurami hid in an alley and looked down with a sad frown. 

Questions filled her head. What was that? What happened? Why did that happen? 

But Kurami knew she didn't have the answers. Her mind was fixated on the memory that decided to show. Kurami frowned at the memory and closed her eyes, giving out a low sigh.  

She held her wrist, from where Sai had grabbed it, and closed her eyes. 'Does it end?' Kurami opened her eyes and walked out of the alley. 

Later that day, Kurami hid herself from others. She didn't want to be bothered. She didn't want to be around anybody. She even refused to train with the team when Yamato gathered them all for training. 

She sat on the roof of some building and looked down at the village. She thought back to what happened earlier. That sudden power that she did not want to let out. It was out of her control. 

'Again...' She frowned. She was out of control again, and she didn't know why. Thinking back to her and Sai's encounter, she could have killed him. But she was relieved to quickly calm herself before anything else could happen. 

She could have done much worse. 

Kurami didn't know what to do. She didn't know what to think. So many questions filled her head but there was only one that could be answered. And that answer came to her after putting the pieces together. 

Recent flashbacks. 

Memories from the past. 

Un-wanting feelings becoming noticed. It is clear to Kurami that, 

"I'm still suffering..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~