Chapt. 36: Farewell For Now

Days had passed and not everything has been the same for squad 7. But, things are changing. Sooner or later, Naruto will be leaving the village with Jiraiya to train. But Kurami doesn't know this. 

During the day, Kurami was at her usual spot. But she wasn't alone. Death was with her. And thankfully, nobody saw him. "You're not going to take your own life?" He questioned her as he stood beside her while she sat near the stone. 

Kurami shook her head, answering his question. "I thought about it... On this day or so, I would have killed myself by now..."

"And you haven't. Why is that? I thought you were going to keep trying as long as you were here. What changed?" Death smirked a bit, curious about her next answer. 

"Naruto..." 

"That boy? Again? I fail to understand what is it about that boy that you fancy so much about him. He wasn't really there for you before, so what's different this time?" 

"Although he wasn't there for me back in my old life, he was there to talk to me most times... Think of it like Hinata Hyuga... She cheers him on and supports him, but is shy to approach him or go anywhere near him." 

"Are you comparing yourself to Hinata Hyuga?" 

"Not exactly... Naruto noticed her at most times. But as for me, all he ever did was look my way. Despite him not being there for me, he always looked my way." 

"So you felt noticed." 

"Yes... Well... I was for a moment. Or so I thought... But then again, I was always forgotten. And I can't die at this timeline until I am satisfied. You said that yourself." Kurami look towards Death with an emotionless stare. 

"That I did." Death sighed. "And you cannot die because I will not allow it either. You will know when your time has come to an end." 

"And when will I know? Until the time is right? When will that time be right?" Kurami asked, having Death chuckle. 

"You still have a lot to learn and much to experience other than pain, suffering, and despair. You just have to be there for it. And that's another one of the reasons why I brought you back and gifted you with an extraordinary power." 

"And you won't tell me the other reasons until the time is right, won't you?..." 

"That's right." Death gave her a light smile. "Now then, as you were. Living." And with that said, Death vanished from her sight. 

Kurami sighed to herself and leaned back against the stone as she looked up at the sky. 'What more do I need to experience other than pain, suffering, and despair? What else is out there for me?' She thought before leaving her spot. 

Returning to the village, Kurami ran into Kakashi who was on his way to the Hokage Tower. When she saw him, she jogged over to his side and walked along side him.