Chapt. 50: Kill Him

Searching, searching, searching, and searching. There was still no sign of Sasuke for the squad. They felt like they've been going in circles while trying to look for him. After splitting up for the 3rd time and regrouping, they were still unable to find him. 

As for Kurami, she didn't give up her search. She continued to walk down the corridors with calmness and no worries. Unaware of her own surroundings. But soon enough she found him. For her it didn't take long. 

She opened the door to another room and finally found him. Sasuke was lying dead in bed with his back facing the door. But when the door opened it awakened him. "Who's there?" He called out to whoever was at the door. 

"Hm..." Kurami hummed. Since she didn't talk to him, she thought humming would be the best way to let him know that it was her. 

"What do you want, Kurami?" He questioned her. 

"Change of plans..." She said with a deadly look in her eyes as her head tilted to the side. As she did this, shadows crept from her body and dashed towards Sasuke. They wrapped around him tightly to the point he made himself explode. 

With this, the whole hideout rumbled and most of it was destroyed due to the explosion. The team, Kabuto, and Orochimaru heard this. "What was that?!" Yamato stumbled a bit due to the blast. Then the team to where they heard the explosion. 

Kurami survived the explosion due to Walrider. It had appeared behind her, its hand on her left shoulder as it snarled up at Sasuke. "Kurami!" Naruto ran out and got in front of her, holding both of her shoulders. 

He ignored Walrider being present and focused on Kurami's well-being. "Naruto?" She blinked when he came into her sight. Her eyes showed emotion after they were cold and heartless. 

"Are you alright?! What happened?!" 

"I'm...fine. What are you doing here? I..." She stopped midsentence and turned her focus back at Sasuke who had survived the explosion. Naruto looked to where she was looking before his eyes widened, seeing his old friend again... 

"Is that you, Naruto?" Sasuke questioned with a hand on his hip. Kurami got in front of Naruto and glared up at Sasuke as her fist tightened. 

"Kurami, what's wrong? It's Sasuke. Why are you getting defensive all the sudden?" Naruto saw the dangerous look in Kurami's eyes as she stood in front of him. 

Naruto had no idea what she was feeling and why she had this sudden hatred toward Sasuke. Because he wasn't there when it happened. He doesn't know that Sasuke is also the cause of her despair. 

Years ago. 

"Get it through your thick head. I'm not interested in a girl like you. You're pathetic." Sasuke smirked at the beaten up Kurami who stood before him near the KIA stone. This was in her first life. 

Kurami wasn't the one to fall for Sasuke because she had no interest in him. She didn't see him as a crush like the other girls. She saw him as somebody who she can run to if she had problems. And Sasuke would let her.