Chapt. 55: Dark Desires

It hasn't been that long since Kurami 'joined' Orochimaru. It's only been 2 days and Sasuke had recovered from their encounter. Kurami has spent most of her time with Orochimaru, wandering around the hideout, and learning about each prisoner within the hideout. 

Yet this doesn't surprise her. Not at all. She's only here to keep tabs on Sasuke and Orochimaru. However, Orochimaru has been growing sick recently. Kurami is a healer, but there is no way she is healing a bad person such as Orochimaru. 

Right now she is in her room, sitting on her bed with her knees huddled to her chest. Her eyes were closed as if she were asleep. But really, she was replaying her past in her head. Remembering each moment. Each second. Each day. 

'When did it start? Why did I hide it all away?' She thought. As much as she didn't want to remember her horrible past, she had to in order to take control of these un-wanting emotions that have come back to haunt her. But haunt isn't the word. More like... Take what is do. 

She's thought about getting revenge on those who hurt her, but in the end it wouldn't bring her any justice. She would be no better than them. Kurami thought about this long and hard before wanting to take any action in revenge. 

But she never did a thing. She never could. She would be no better than them. So it would be pointless. 

Memories replayed in the back of her head as she sat on the bed, eyes closed and knees hugged close to her chest. 'Remember...' She thought before going into a trance of her own. 

Nothing more than a small infant, Kurami walked around the village with a smile of joy. She looked happy. Cheerful. Bubbly. She thought life was good. A loving mother, father, sister, and brother. 

What happened? How could everything turn to Hell within a short amount of time? Everything had crumbled away within moments. 

"You're so weird." The kids teased. Although she had no problem with it. She didn't take their words to heart. The names she was called didn't bother her for a bit. Because they were just words to her. Until...

"Hahaha! Hit her again!" She was bullied out in the streets. Reason why? That became unknown to her. The answer never came to her. 

Kurami grunted as the kids began to beat on her. She cried and begged for it all to stop. But the pain didn't stop until she fell unconscious. Once over, she ran home and cried to her parents. Yet they didn't care. 

They lived in a huge house just outside the village. The parents were no shinobi. Only the two daughters that remained in the household. They both wanted to become great shinobi. But they had different goals. 

One was extroverted as the other was introverted. 

Kurami cried to her parents, telling them what happened to her and asked what she could do to have the bullies stop their endless torment. Yet the advice they gave her was unsettling.