Chapt. 77: Thank You For Remembering Me

After getting dressed and discharged from the hospital, Shikamaru took Kurami to Ichiraku's Ramen for a meal. He ordered for her, Pork Ramen, and watched her eat her meal slowly. "You really don't like to eat much, do you? It's not like it's drugged or anything."

"I do not..." Kurami frowned and muttered through her food.

"And you don't like to talk much, do you? You know you can say what's on your mind. You don't have to hold anything back."

"I'll...get hit if I were to speak my mind."

"No, you won't. Is that what your folks did to you? Is that what we did to you?" He questioned and Kurami went silent. Until,

"The first one..."

"Whatever happened to them anyway?"

"...I rather not say. I don't...really know what happened to them after I ran away and-" Realizing what she just said, Kurami covered her mouth and widened her eyes before turning to Shikamaru.

"So that's it. You are a runaway. Listen, whatever happened to them, and whatever they did to you, you can forget about it. It's not like you're going to see them again."

"Right... Sorry."

"For what? You have nothing to be sorry about... Listen Kurami, we're all very sorry...for what we did to you in the past... We... All of us want to make it up to you, but we don't know how. You carry so much with you, and probably still do, but we want you to know that we are going to make it up to you."

"Shikamaru..." Kurami frowned. She couldn't really believe in his words because all she could remember was her past. She had no idea what to say other than saying his name. Can they really change for her? Will they really make it up to her? If so, how?

"I mean it, Kurami. We are going to make it up to you. Somehow, we will. Now, hurry up and eat your ramen before it gets cold."

Kurami could only nod her head and continue chewing her food. "What...is going to happen from here on out? Everyone remembers, but how will things be different?...."

"Well, you just have to find out." Shikamaru sighs. "If you're finish eating, we can go. While the village is being repaired, we can take a walk around. What do you say?"

"Huh?" She blinked.

"I get you're not a social person, but what's a walk going hurt?" He smirked at her before gently taking her hand and pulling her out of her stool. The two walked around the village and Kurami took in the sights of the village being repaired. "You don't get out much, do you?"

"Nhm..." Kurami shook her head before sighing. "Shikamaru... You...don't have to make anything up for me. I'll be fine-"

"I'm not going back on my word, and you're not going to change my mind. Got it?"