Chapt. 4: Who Are You?

For the rest of the day during class, Kurami was by Naruto's side. She even sat next to him and kept smiling at him. Naruto claimed that he didn't know her nor has he seen her before. But she knew him well enough to be all over him. 

When class was over, Naruto went home while Kurami waited for Kakashi. She was smiling for a long time, probably happy to see and spend the day with Naruto. 

When Kakashi came to pick her up, I spoke to him in private and told him about what happened between Kurami and Naruto. 

"So she finally speaks, huh?" Kakashi hummed, a bit amused by this. 

"Yes. But his name was the one thing she could say. She said it 3 times while crying. I already talked to Naruto and asked him if he knew her somehow, but he doesn't know Kurami. He's never seen her before until yesterday." I said. 

"And yet Kurami seems to know him well. Distant relatives maybe?" 

"If that were the case, but..." 

"Kurami would have told us if Naruto was a relative of some sort. It is strange. One knows the other while the other doesn't know other. Complicated... I'll let Lord Hokage about this right away." 

"There's also something I want to ask you, Kakashi?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Um... Whenever you look or around Kurami, don't you get the feeling that she looks awfully familiar? Like you've seen her before?" 

"Hmm, I can say that I have. She does look familiar. But nothing clicks." 

"Same here. I just can't put my finger on it... Anyway, thank you for coming to get her. Also, she's really good at chakra and the different jutsu's. Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu. She wrote down the definition of each one. She's a star student in our class besides Sasuke." 

"That's good news. At this rate she'll be all caught up, right?" 

"That's right." I smiled. "It won't be long now until she's caught up with the class." 

~Kakashi's P.O.V.~ 

A young girl who is a runaway, can hardly talk, knows her way around the village and the academy, doesn't sleep, and somehow knows Naruto. None of this is making any sense. Who exactly is this girl? 

I informed the Hokage about what Iruka told me and Kurami was taken into interrogation once again for questioning. But only this time, Ibuki had to be a bit rough with her. 

The Hokage and I watched from the two-way mirror as Kurami was being interrogated by Ibuki. "How is it that you know Naruto Uzumaki?" Ibuki asked her. 

Kurami kept her head down, staring down at the table with a frown. When she didn't answer, Ibuki stood out of his chair and slowly walked over to Kurami's side, then tightly grabbed her wrist.