Chapt. 18: Preliminary Exams

Days had passed and Kurami was at the tower already before her squad. She sat on top of the tower and watched other teams enter into the tower. 

'From here on out, the squad should be fine. I'll lie low here until they arrived.' She thought while swinging her legs. 

She continued to listen to the screams and and clashing of weapons. She wanted to explore the forest some more and witness other ninja fight against each other. But she didn't want to expore herself. 

One of the ninjas she wanted to watch was Gaara. But she figured he would kill her the moment he saw her, even though he admitted that he was interested in her. 

'Looks like I can't watch the match when Sasuke gets Orochimaru's curse mark and Sakura cutting off her hair... This is boring...' Kurami stood up and looked how high she was from the tower above. 

She thought about jumping off and falling to her death. But the more she thought about it, the more possibilities she thought of. For an example, will a shinobi come and save her? 

Will Kakashi come out of nowhere and prevent her? 

Or will Death lecture her before she decides to jump?  

Sighing again, Kurami sat back down and waited for teams to enter the tower. Time passed by and Kurami waited patiently. Until, 

"Kurami Kurosawa," An ANBU appeared behind her. "You are to come with me for the next part of the exam. Your sensei is waiting for you." 

Kurami glanced back at the ANBU and nodded her head before going with them. Inside the tower, the ANBU took Kurami to where the other Jounin were. 

"Kurami," Kakashi raised his hand and waved as the ANBU walked with her. "Thank you for bringing her." He said to the ANBU then looked at Kurami. "How was it for you? Did you like watching?" 

Kurami nodded her head yes. 

"Good. Here." Kakashi pulled out a box of pocky for her. "Please try to eat." He said to her and right on cue her stomach growled. But Kurami didn't take the box. She shook her head. "Well, I tried. The next part of the exam is going to begin." 

'Where they have to fight each other. It's not going to be good... I remember. But do I have to sit and watch?' Kurami frowned. She stood beside Kakashi's side as Anko explained the next part of the exams. 

As the exams continued, Kurami distracted herself by naming the remaining genin, even though she already knew their names. She's seen it all before. In this part, Kurami couldn't intervene with anything. 

"Come on, Kurami. We're going up." Kakashi told her as he began to walk off and up to the balcony. 

Kurami followed him and leaned against the wall with her eyes closed, waiting for all of this to be over. Meanwhile, other genin finally began to notice her. 

"Hey, who's that girl? She wasn't in the exams before, was she?" Tenten questioned. 

"I do not know who she is. This is the first time I'm seeing her." Lee said. "Although, I feel like I have seen her somewhere before." 

"Hey, isn't that Kurami? What is she doing here? I thought she was on squad 7." Ino looked over. 

"From what I've heard she's a special ninja. I don't think she is to take these exams for some reason. She's so lucky. What a drag." Shikamaru scoffed. 

'Kurami...' Hinata wandered in thought. 

All eyes were on Kurami when she was noticed by all. She could feel all eyes on her. Kurami opened her eyes and stared head of her, acting like she wasn't the center of the attention. 

At this moment, Kurami found this a bit amusing. She couldn't help but smirk.

~Kakashi's P.O.V.~ 

The match first match had already begun between Sasukea and Yoroi, and Sasuke was already struggling. Yoroi was taking his chakra just by touching him. 

Kurami wasn't looking at the fight though. She was looking elsewhere. Another ninja. The sensei with a Sound Village headband. She was looking at him for some reason. 

"Hmm..." She hummed and looked back at the match, then closed her eyes. It's as if she predicted how this match was going to go down. 

Kurami and I appeared behind Sasuke before he could fall over. Kurami kneeled down and moved part of his shirt to look at the curse mark that she somehow knew about. She frowned then stood back up and looked at me as if she was telling me something. But I already know what to do. 

"I know, Kurami. I'll handle it. Why don't you stay here and watch the next match, okay?" But Kurami shook her head. As Lord Hokage ordered, I have to take her with me so I can keep an eye on her. He's here after all. "Okay, come on." 

Sasuke, Kurami, and I went to the chambers to get the curse mark sealed. Kurami stood against the wall and watched while covering her ears. 

After the seal the curse mark, Sasuke falls over and passes out. Suddenly, Kurami blasts a dark shadow toward one of the pillars then steps in front of me. 

"What an attack~" That voice...! "And to think I was hiding very well. But you have very sharp senses." Orochimaru came out of hiding. "No offense, Kakashi. But I didn't come to see you. My business is with that boy behind you. Who is your guardian?" 

"She has nothing to do with this, and neither does Sasuke. What do you want with him?... Kurami, get Sasuke out of here. Now." I ordered her, knowing she can get him away. 

Kurami nodded and kneeled down beside Sasuke, placing her hand on his shoulder before disappearing into black and dark blue little orbs as she closed her eyes. 

~Third Person's P.O.V.~ 

Kurami appeared near the infirmary with Sasuke's arm around her shoulders and her arm around his waist. The medic ninja take Sasuke out of Kurami's hold and treat his wounds. 

Kurami soon left afterwards and went back to the match. She leaned against the wall and watched. 'Can't wait for this to be over... I already know who wins and who loses... I'm so tired.'  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~