Chapt. 51: Triggers

When they returned to the village, Sakura was the first to inform Tsunade on what happened and how Kurami planned to kill Sasuke. Kurami was called into the office, but refused to speak to anybody about her intentions. So, the only way Tsunade was going to get Kurami to talk is if she brought in Kakashi, who is finally recovered. 

"What's going on? What happened?" Kakashi asked when stepping into the office. He noticed the frown on Kurami's face and the of avoid eye contact. "Did the mission not go too well?" 

"Not only that. Kurami was on the verge of killing Sasuke Uchiha. Sakura informed me about me as soon as they got back. I figured she would talk if you were present. She hasn't said a word." Tsunade sighed. 

"What?" Kakashi turned his attention to Kurami, who had her head down and her hair covering her eyes. "I'm sure there's a misunderstanding." 

"It's no misunderstanding, Sensei." Sakura stepped in. "She tried to kill him! Naruto, Sai, nor Captain Yamato could stop her! She was out of control!" 

"Kurami, is that true?" 

Kurami kept her head down and bit down on her lip. She wasn't sure what to say or how to explain herself. But she couldn't tell everyone. Only Kakashi. All she could do was stand there and be silent. 

Kurami walked toward Kakashi and grabbed his hand as she spoke out in a faint whisper for only him to hear, "Talk in private." She dragged him out of the office and out of the Hokage Tower, and into an alley. Even when Tsunade and Sakura were yelling at her to come back, she ignored them and continued on her way. 

"What's going on, Kurami? Is there something you want to explain? It's okay. You can tell me. We're alone now. You know you can tell me anything now that I know about you..." Kakashi wasn't angry with her for trying to kill Sasuke. He was concerned. Not angry. He's sure Kurami had a reason. 

Or so he thought. 

"I just wanted to... It was something that needed to be done..." Kurami muttered out. "I don't know what's going on... All these memories are coming back to me as if it's some sort of punishment... I attacked him because of the memories..." 

"I take it you and him didn't really get along in your first life, did you? What did he do?" 

"I can't tell you that part... All I know is that these emotions, that is connected to my power, it's making everything go crazy... It's making me go crazy. And I can't stop it... I don't know what to do, Kakashi... These memories are coming back to me for a reason. Horrible memories that I don't want to remember and forgotten all together... But why?" 

Why? For revenge? Was this something she always wanted to do but never had the guts to do it? Is her power and past the cause of these sudden attacks? 

"Is there anything I can do to help, Kurami? Please. Let me help you." Kakashi could see the hurt in her eyes. He felt bad for her. he knew that she had suffered greatly, and she's still suffering. 

"I don't know how you can help... I don't know how anybody can help. It's too dangerous. And as much as I want to solve this on my own..." Kurami stopped midsentence and sighed to herself. "I wish I knew what was going on..." 

"Kurami..." 

"I have to go." 

"Kurami wait!" 

Kurami closed her eyes and her body turned into tiny black orbs, transporting herself somewhere else. She found herself back in the forest of the Leaf Village and sat against a tree with her knees up to her chest. 

She buried her face into her knees and thought long and hard about everything. 'What's going on? What's happening to me? Why is this happening? Why now? Is it me? Why? Why? Why? Why?! Why!?' 

Kurami grabbed her head and gripped her hair tightly. She needed to calm down. She was going to expose herself in ways she didn't want to. She had to calm her thoughts. Her nerves. Her body. Everything. 

'What is triggering all of this? Why is everything coming back to me now? I remember everything like the back of my hand. But why mess with me now?... What's the reason? Is there an explanation? Does Death even have the answer?' 

She looked up at the sky and sighed to herself, knowing very well that she had to find the answers for herself. 

"Hmm....." She hummed and leaned her head back. Slowly her eyes became lifeless once more as she stared off into space. 'Remember...' She thought back to when it all started. 

When her suffering first started. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for making it short. :(