Chapt. 74: No Matter What

As the village was under attack by the Akaktsuki; Six Path's of Pein, each Leaf Shinobi tried all that they could to evacuate, protect, and fight for the village. Although Pein was strong, the Leaf Shinobi did not give up.

As for Kurami and Pein, they had their own battle. Pein tried to strike at Kurami as she dodged his attacks. She had no fighting style, and she couldn't use her shadows, knowing it won't have any effect on him. So dodging was the best option for her.

"You wish to die protecting the village that turned you into a monster?" Pein questioned as he fought with her. "Clearly you're not in the right mindset. You rather protect the people who made you into something that you cannot call yourself human, rather than take revenge for the things they've done to you?"

Kurami jumped up in the air then crashed down on Pein, having Walrider punch his fist into the ground. Pein had dodged this attack and appeared behind the two of them. With Walrider, he grabbed Pein's wrist again and flung him onto the ground.

'He doesn't get to decide what I want to do... He doesn't know anything about my desires... Yes, I'm still in pain. I'm still suffering. But I won't be any better if I were to take my revenge... I wouldn't be the same...' Kurami frowned with her thoughts as she fought with Pein.

Her eyes had become white as she frowned, not giving Pein any time to recover after every punch that Walrider threw at him. Pein and Kurami were somewhat equally matched. Although Kurami was no God, compared to Pein.

She was taking all of her pain and anger out on Pein, and into this fight. She wanted to keep the village, that she despised the most, safe, and those in it. Even when she was badly hurt and damaged, she still protected them.

"Kurami!" Kakashi tried to get to her, but the battle was too intense. Each blow caused a heavy force of wind, pushing Kakashi back and preventing him from getting anywhere near the battle. 'Damn! I can't get to her! How is she able to keep up with him!?'

"Enough of this." Pein said in a calm tone just as Kurami was about to strike. He grabbed her by her neck and lifted her in the air. "I will send you along with them." He levitated himself in the air, taking Kurami along with him. "This village...will know pain."

Preparing the Deva Path, Kurami bit her bottom lip to draw blood and allowed it to drip down her chin. Just Pein was about to destroy the village, a large black like cloak shadowed over the entire village, protecting it from further destruction.

From the inside, nobody could see a thing. 'Impossible... She was able to prevent it? She truly is something that cannot be called a human... She is almost a God.' Pein thought this with a bit of shock. 'Black blood?' He blinked when he looked at the blood dripping from her chin. 'She was able to create something that large just by using her blood? In that case... She's already become a God without even knowing it herself.'

"I won't..." Kurami spoke in a weak voice as her eyes returned red. "I won't let you hurt anybody else..."

"Pitiful." He threw her to the ground. Kurami couldn't stop herself from falling, seeing how she used so much of her ability. With that black cloak protecting the village and using Walrider, her body had taken more damage than she thought. Plus, she was also sick.