Chapt. 17: I Know, But You Don't

Days later, the Chunin Exams have already begun. Since Kurami was allowed to watch from the sidelines, Kakashi trust Kurami to be on her own until they meet again. So, Kurami was a bystander the whole time as the Chunin Exams were in play. 

Kurami had watched her squad go through the written exam, and now watching them enter the Forest Of Death. Although, she heard everything from what Kabuto was telling the others. 

"Kurami Kurosawa. What can you tell me about her?" Sasuke was a bit interested in what kind of rank Kurami was, seeing how she was taking the 'easy' way around the Chunin Exams. 

"There's nothing to tell. See?" Kabuto smirked as he summoned up the card that had Kurami's profile. Everything beside each info had a question mark. It was like she never existed. 

Before entering the Forest of Death, Kurami was with the team, wishing them good luck in some way since she remained quiet. As she did so, she scanned every other ninja to see who else was participating in these exams. Although, she already knew. 

"Hey. You can't be here. The 2nd part of the test is about to begin. You can watch from afar, but you can't stay here. Understand?" Anko walked over to Kurami as she was with her team. 

Kurami nodded and turned to her team with a light smile. Although she didn't talk to them or say a word to them, she wishes them good luck. 

Kurami watched as the gates opened and each team sprinted into the forest. From this point forward, she couldn't do anything but watch. 

The 2nd part of the test had begun and Kurami stood in front of the gate from where squad 7 had entered. 'The teams will meet at the tower on the 3rd day. If they cannot make it by then, they will fail.' She reminded herself before disappearing in plain sight, then reappearing in some part of the forest. 

She sat on one of the tree branches of the tallest trees and stared down at the genin who were already fighting each other, and already on the run to the tower. 

As she knew how this was going to go down, Kurami kept her eyes on one particular ninja. A grass ninja disguised as a woman. 'There you are...' She caught sight of Orochimaru. 

She couldn't step in and do anything. All she could do was watch since she couldn't participate. But it didn't stop her from helping out just a little. 

"LET. ME. OUT OF HEREEEE!!!" Naruto screamed from inside a giant snake that was slithering around the forest. 

Kurami looked at the snake and extended her hand out to the snake. Slowly closing her fist, the snake stopped in place. She brought up her other hand and slowly curled it. 

Her hands slowly twisted together before she ripped them apart, also causing the snake to rip apart as well, freeing Naruto. But that was all she could do for now. 

'I can't interfere too much. Just this once I'll help out. But the rest is up to them. I know they will make it out of here alive.' Kurami thought before taking flight.