Chapt. 41: Silent Panic Attack?

Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, and Temari finally arrived to the village hidden in the sand and was informed by Gaara that Kurami was taken by the Akatsuki. "What?! But why? Why would Kurami come here?" Naruto questioned. 

"My guess is that she knew that the Akatsuki were coming here for me. So she fought along side me against the Akatsuki. But they were stronger than I thought. Even Kankuro went after them, but he couldn't get her back..." Gaara explained and looked down. 'How did she know that they were coming for me?' He thought before looking at his brother getting treated by Sakura as she tried her best to remove the poison from his body. 

"I don't understand. Why would they take Kurami? She's not a Jinchuriki or anything. What would they want with her?" Naruto growled. After hearing this information, he became worried and angry for Kurami's safety. There was no telling what the Akatsuki are doing to her right now. 

"It's probably because of her power..." Kakashi said out loud. 'They only knew who she was, but Jiraiya did say they witnessed it. Could it be her power that they're after? After all it is powerful.' Kakashi thought as he thought back to his last encounter with Itachi and Kisame. 

"I heard that you and Zabuza had it out a while back. And you had a little help too. A mysterious girl that goes by the name Kurami Kurosawa. I've never heard of her before. I heard she's an unknown rank." 

"What do you mean, Kakashi-Sensei?" Sakura looked at him. 

"They have witnessed Kurami's skills before, and they probably know how powerful it is. Maybe that's why they took her. For her power." 

"Are you saying...?!" Naruto's eyes widened at the thought. "There's no way! There's no way Kurami would join them! If they do anything to hurt her, I swear I'm gonna-" 

"Naruto, calm down." Kakashi stopped him before Naruto could burst. "I'm sure she will be fine. Kurami is strong. She can take care of herself. We will find her and bring her back." 

But does he know that for sure? 

Meanwhile back with the Akatsuki and Kurami, it had been a long time since Kurami had moved. She was struggling but Sasori had her still as a rock. "How long has it been now? She's still struggling, hn." Deidara smirked as he watched Kurami struggle in vain. 

"3 days... Surprisingly the kid hasn't given up. Can she even call herself human?" Sasori said with a look of boredom. 

"Human or not, she'll still be a good asset to the Akatsuki, hn. I wonder..." Deidara walked over to Kurami and lifted her face, cupping her chin in his hand. "What else can you do, hn?" 

Kurami stared at Deidara before she jerked forward, causing a bit of shadows to lash out at him. But Deidara moved out of the way and whistled in amusement. 

"Would you look at that? The kid's still got some fight in her, hn." 

"Quit messing around, and wait for Leader to show up. You're always so reckless, Deidara." Sasori scoffed and glanced back at Kurami who was still in place again 

'I feel trapped... No. I am trapped... But this feels too familiar...' Kurami, in her own head, had her eyes closed. 'It feels like I'm being dragged down... Just like before...' 

In her head, she felt a million hands grabbing onto her her. Pulling her down into a dark abyss of depression as their hurtful words echoed throughout her head. 

"You're disgusting." 

"Freak." 

"Nobody likes you." 

"You're trash." 

"Die already." 

'They can't hurt me anymore... Let go...' Kurami thought as her eyes shut tighter. 'Let go...!' More hands grabbed onto Kurami, pulling her deeper into the darkness. 

Her eyes widen when her face was grabbed a shadowy figure with red eyes, and a red mouth shouted in her face, 

"YOU WILL ALWYAS BE ALONE!!" 

Coming back to her senses, Kurami's eyes widened again and the chakra threads that were attached to her body suddenly vanished. Kurami dropped to the ground like a lifeless doll, but her eyes stayed wide. 

"H-Hey!" Deidara panicked when him and Sasori saw this happen. 

'My chakra threads!' Sasori thought when he realized that he could no longer control her. "What happened to her?" 

"She was covered in shadows one minute, then they disappeared, hn." Deidara walks over to Kurami's body. He kneel beside her and blinked with concern. "She's crying?" He said out loud before wiping a tear. 

Although she did not show any emotion nor did her eyes show any life, Kurami remained on the ground still as if she had fallen asleep with her eyes open. 

"Just what is she?" Sasori questioned. 

Meanwhile, Kakashi felt a shudder upon him which causes his eyes to widen. He as if something was terribly wrong. 'What is this feeling?' He thought to myself. 

~Kakashi's POV~ 

Something shuddered within me as I felt like I was hit brutally in the chest. A strong set of nerves kicked in just now, and I knew it had something to do about Kurami. Something has happened to her. Something horribly wrong... 

"Kakashi-Sensei! Are you alright!?" Naruto shouted as I was falling behind the group, on our way to the Akatsuki hideout. We were able to find out one of their hideouts and I already informed Gai about the situation. 

"I'm fine." I call back and catch up. What was that feeling just now? Kurami... Please be alright. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~