Chapt. 24: Out With The Old, In With The New

Kurami was finally discharged from the hospital and was picked up by Kakashi. She had no need to visit the Hokage at his grave since she had no words to say to him. Not even a prayer. 

A couple days have passed and Kurami was back to being silent again. She kept the black cloak on and decided to wear it wherever she went. Today, everyone in the village is working on repairs. 

Kurami stood near the KIA stone as she stared up at the sky. She kept wondering to herself if there is any need to stay in this life any longer. The thought of suicide still lingered in her mind. 

She only came back to make things different for herself, and to stick around Naruto. When she died at a young age, she didn't think about coming back. But Death granted her a second chance, even though she didn't it.

'What is there in this lifetime?... Have I done enough?' She thought with a sigh. A silent chime of a bell rang through her ears, causing her to look to the side. 'They're here?' She thought. 

"Kurami. There you are." Kakashi appeared behind her. "I've been looking for you. You're growing distant again." He sighed. "Did you have anything to eat?" 

Kurami shook her head, then her stomach growled. As much as she didn't want to eat and still think of ways to end her own life, Kakashi basically dragged her away from the KIA stone to get her something to eat. 

"We've been through this many times. You need to start eating. We still have that deal about putting you under medication, remember?" 

Kurami sighed and nodded her head. Him and Kurami went to a dango shop where Kakashi had ordered her dangos and some tea. Slowly, she ate. 

"Hey guys, you two seem to be getting along." Kakashi said to Kurenai and Asuma. 

"Been a while, Kakashi. I see you brought Kurami with you as always. How's she doing?" Asuma said while he watched her eat. 

"Silent as ever. But she has her moments when she wants to talk... You know, when it comes to being around Naruto." 

"She's still an unknown rank yet she's still a child. It's amazing the higher ups haven't gave her a shinobi rank yet. I'd say she's pass Jounin level." Kurenai said as leaned down and tucked some of Kurami's hair behind her ear, causing Kurami to close one of her eyes. "She's warmed up at least." 

"Yes, to some people." Kakashi replied. As the adults chatted away, Kurami looked into the dango shop and saw two people wearing the same cloaks that head red clouds on them. 

'Itachi and Kisame?' She thought before looking back at Kakashi, tugging his sleeve. 

"Kakashi, it's not like you to show up early. What gives?" Sasuke walked over, causing Kurami to look at him. "Do you have to bring Kurami everywhere with you?" 

"Well, she lives with me. I can't leave her by herself all the time. If only you knew her situation, Sasuke." Kakashi said back.