Chapt. 20: Not Yet

Days had went by and Kurami was left alone in Kakashi's house. "I'll be out for a while, so I am trusting you to stay here by yourself. I'll be back as soon as I can. There is some business I need to attend to first." Is what Kakashi told her before he had left. 

Kurami sat on the couch and looked out the window, and waited patiently for his return. She stared emotionlessly out the window, watching birds fly by. 'During this time...' 

She thought back to when she stood on top of the highest building while looking down at the ground. Nobody in sight to her. They casually walked by without taking a glimpse up above. 

She was going to commit suicide... But she was hesitant back then. 

"Kurami," Kakashi walked through the door. "Come on. Time to go." He said to her. Kurami nodded her head and followed him elsewhere, out of the village. 

During that time, Kurami stood on top of the rocks and watched Kakashi train, trying to climb up the rocks with one hand tied behind his back. 

'Hopefully she can stay there and not fall to her death by the time I get up there.' Kakashi thought as he struggled to climb. 'During the time she's been with us, there isn't anything else we know about her... And yet I still can't shake the feeling off that I know her from somewhere... ' 

Everyone she has came in contact to, they share the same feeling that they know her from some place and time, but none of them could remember. 

As the pieces were slowly coming together, taking precious time, it made Kurami feel... In place. But is this something she will take to the grave? 

After a while, Sasuke finally showed up to train with Kakashi for the finals. Kurami leaned against the rocks and watched them both. During all this, Kakashi was keeping an eye on her just in case she attempted to do anything. 

They were far from the village and they were high up. Kurami may have a few ideas in her head as they were up here. But, she was too focused on other things to even think of suicide. 

'Hmm?' She turned her head slightly to her left to see grands of sand traveling away from her feet. She looked back at Kakashi and Sasuke to see them still training before she had wandered off. 

She slowly followed the traveling sand before looking up and faced her right to see Gaara. She knew he was up here. She knew he was here for Sasuke. But this time, it's different. 

"Kurami Kurosawa... I finally have you." Gaara said as he glared. "You possess a great power that isn't human." 

All Kurami could do was tilt her head to the side. She knew she couldn't speak to anybody besides Naruto or Death. She wanted to keep it that way. But she also wanted to help Gaara in some way. 

"I can see it within you. You and I are the same." 

Kurami shook her head at this as she continued to look at the ground. 'We are not. What we share is the same pain. But not the same power, Gaara.' 

"You don't see it yourself, do you?" He questions. 

'I do. It's you who can't see it.' Kurami continued to think as she shook her head. 'But I have to stop him.' 

Kurami glared up at Gaara as the shadows surrounded her. Gaara saw this coming and ready his sand to protect himself with. 

Shadows and Sand clashed together, but at the same time Kurami squinted her eyes and made the sand stop in place. 

'What?' Gaara's eyes slightly widened when he realized his sand wasn't moving at his will. Kurami closed her eyes and had the shadows wrap around Gaara. 

'Quickly.' She thought and the shadows sunk into the ground, along with Gaara. 'I'm sorry, Gaara. It's not time yet.' She frowned before sighing to herself as she made Gaara disappear from her sight. 

"Kurami?" Kakashi was calling out for her. Kurami looked at the direction where she heard her name and walked back to where she had left Kakashi and Sasuke. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for making it short :(