Chapt. 79: The Future

Kurami agreed to stay put in the village, rather than going to find Tobi/Obito about what she was, and what she meant to him. Kakashi promised that h was going to do everything he can to help out, and to protect her.

As days passed, Kurami has been caught up on sleep and eating. Shikamaru was basically her caretaker while Kakashi was away. And on days when Kurami didn't eat, Shikamaru would drag her to any restaurant and would sit with her until she ate a meal.

Today, Kurami was sitting near the KIA stone with her head down, eyes looking down at her lap. Her face did not express any kind of emotion as she was lost in thought. 'Who are you?' She thought as she recalled back to the times she's encountered Tobi. 'How do you know me?'

She remembered the way he held her, talked to her, and gave her that necklace. But none of it adds up. She can't seem to remember him, or ever encountering him in her first life. "K-Kurami?" Hinata called out to her, causing Kurami to snap out of her thoughts and look up at her.

"Hmm?" She looked up. "Hin...ata?"

"Mind if I sit here with you?"

Kurami shook her head, and Hinata sat next to her. Kurami looked at Hinata, waiting for her to speak. It did look like she wanted to talk to her about something. She was clearly here for something. Or maybe she just wanted to sit with her.

"What...do you think of Naruto?" Hinata popped the question.

"Naruto?" Kurami blinks, having Hinata nod her head.

"I can tell...that he likes you a lot... And he does his best to make sure that you're okay. Wh-Which is why I wanted to ask you..."

"Naruto..." Kurami looked down at her lap to think about her answer before looking up at the sky to reply to the kunoichi sitting next to her. "I think of Naruto as an equal. A person like me." She answered with her head still facing down at her lap. "At first, I wanted to be close to Naruto because I could tell that him and I shared the same thing. But, I never could get close. Because I was introverted... I think of Naruto as someone I can trust and possibly love..."

"You can't love?" Hinata blinks at Kurami's words, and Kurami shakes her head.

"I can't fall in love because of the past relationships I've had. But, I rather take things slow... Naruto is somebody I can follow, look up to, and depend upon. Because he was the very first person who looked my way and made me smile before I disappeared..."

"I'm so sorry, Kurami." Hinata frowned.

"No need for apologies, Hinata. I know you like Naruto as well." She softly smiled, followed by a light giggle. "You blush, get flustered, and were always cheering him on from afar. I know how much you care about him and how much you want to be like him. Which is why, I don't ponder on the thought of loving Naruto."

"No, Kurami!" Hinata grabs a hold of Kurami's hands in a frantic panic before giving her a serious look. ""Please don't ever think like that! I love Naruto too, but I-I think you deserve him more!"

"Hinata?" Kurami blinks at her words.

"You two...deserve each other! Both left all alone to fight this world all by yourselves, yet in your heart you wouldn't hurt anybody no matter how wrong you both were treated... I'm so sorry that the two of you had to go through something like that. And I hope... I hope you and him will make each other happy in the future!" With this, Hinata hugged Kurami tightly, causing Kurami to blink and go wide eyed.

"Hinata..." Kurami whispered her name before hugging her back gently and softly. "Thank you...so much...!"

"And if the two of you do decide to get married in the future," Hinata pulls away with a closed eye smile. "I would like to be your sister, if that's alright with you."

"Sis...ter?" Kurami faintly blushes before nodding. "I would like that."

"Looks like you two are getting along well. That's good. And it's good to see that Kurami is speaking more often." Kakashi appeared in front of them.

"But I always talk to you, Kakashi..." Kurami corrected him.

"Most days you like to keep quiet. And I thought I told you to call me Kakashi-Sensei from now on."

"I like calling you Kakashi better."

"Kurami,"

"Kakashi." The two went into a staring contest before Kakashi gave up, followed by a sigh.

"Fine, alright. Anyway, we should be heading home now. It's time for dinner, and you are going to be eating your full plate this time."

"Okay." Kurami nodded and gave Hinata one last smile before heading off with Kakashi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know these chapters have been short. I'm trying to come up with more and more ideas, but I have nothing so far. So I am putting up small cut scenes. Just a break from all the upcoming conflicts, you know? Lol. Anyway, that's all. See you all next time!