Chapt. 25: Kurami & The Akatsuki

~Gai's P.O.V.~ 

Itachi and Kisame fled the battle and I brought Kakashi home with Asuma and Kurenai accompanying me. There is no sign of Kurami or Naruto. Usually Kurami is by his side. I checked Kakashi's place to see if she was there, but the house was empty. 

"There's no sign of either one of them. It appeared they haven't found Naruto yet." I informed Asuma and Kurenai. 

"They're crazy. It doesn't add up. As for Kurami, I thought she would stick by Kakashi's side like a dog." Asuma said. 

"She was there alright." I spoke. "She was hiding in the trees, watching the battle. But after discovering what Itachi and Kisame are after, she left in a hurry. Possibly to find Naruto. Kakashi always told me how close she is to that boy." 

I never understood Kurami and why she was so quiet. Kakashi has told me many things about her. Especially that creature that lives inside her. But it doesn't add up. She's a mystery, but knows everything like the back of her hand. 

She looks familiar, but I can't recall a single thing about her. Wherever she is, I hope she doesn't have to go up against those guys. 

~Jiraiya's P.O.V.~ 

We finally arrived to town. Throughout it all Kurami was silent as a mouse. "Naruto! Kurami!" I call them both over. "We're going to crash here tonight." 

"What?! But why? I can still walk." Naruto began to complain. 

"Yes, and your little girlfriend might be tired from the walk." I roll my eyes. 

"She's not my girlfriend! And Kurami isn't tired either! Right, Kurami?" 

She shook her head while closing her eyes. Why is it that this girl goes along with everything this kid says? Who is she again? Why did she tag along? Oh yeah, it's because she's drop dead gorgeous! <3 

~Naruto's P.O.V.~ 

Man! Every single time I'm with that pervy sage, I'm always getting ditched! He ditched me for some woman! And left me and Kurami to a room to ourselves. 

As I was training, Kurami sat on the other bed on her knees. Her head was down and her eyes were closed. She looked like she was sleeping. 

It's weird that Kurami came along with us. She's a mystery... First she joins the academy a week from graduation, becomes the number one kunoichi rookie in our class, ranked as unknown, has this thing inside her, and- There are so many things about her that I don't understand! Who is she?!

She only seems to talk to me and nobody else. She won't even talk to Sensei or Sasuke. Not even Sakura. It's so weird. But the more I look at her, the more I feel like I've seen her somewhere before. 

"To never give up! Because that's his ninja way!"