Chapt. 13: A Pure Heart

Kurami sat beside Naruto as he slept. Because he was training so hard, he passed out and fell fast asleep. Kurami didn't want to leave his side to make him feel like he was alone. She wanted to stay with him until he had woken up. 

The thought of him being by himself made her frown...

"Kurami, we'll be going now. We're going with the bridge builder." Kakashi walked into the room to get her. Kurami nodded her head and went with Kakashi and the team to go to the bridge since it was almost done. Once the bridge was fully built, they get to go home. 

As Kurami stood by Kakashi's side, she glanced over at another direction, knowing what was going to happen. 'He's here...' She thought while at the same time the mist appeared. 

"Kakashi-Sensei, it's Zabuza isn't it? This is his Hidden Mist Jutsu." Sakura remembered. 

"Sorry I kept you waiting, Kakashi. I see you still got those brats with you. That one is still trembling. Pitiful." Zabuza said within the mist as him and a few of his clones appeared, surrounding them. 

"I'm trembling with excitement." Sasuke corrected as he smirked. 

"Go on, Sasuke." Kakashi encouraged him. As Zabuza attacked, Sasuke got rid of every water clone. 

"Oh, so you could see they were water clones. The brat's improving." Zabuza and Haku came out of hiding. "Looks like you've got a rival, Haku." 

"So it seems." Haku replied. 

Zabuza let Haku fight with Sasuke first while Sakura protected Tazuna, and Kurami continued to stay by Kakashi's side. 

'What will she do this time?' Kakashi thought while keeping his eye on Kurami. She didn't seem like she was going to make a move anytime soon. Maybe this time she didn't want to fight again. But with her emotionless expression, it was hard to tell what she was thinking at the moment. 

'This isn't going to end well...' Kurami thought with a frown. She knew how all of this was going to play out. Which is why she is deciding not to step in unless she feels like she needs to. 

Haku performed a jutsu where mirrors levitated around Sasuke and Haku could step into. Seeing this made Kurami lift her head up to watch. Not because she showed interest. Because it was her cue to step in. 

Hearing Sasuke's grunts because of the needles barely missing his body made Kurami summon shadows around her. She breathed heavily as the shadows surrounded her while keeping her focus on what was happening to Sasuke. 

"Not this time!" Zabuza ran at Kurami to stop her attack. But thankfully, Kakashi stepped in and prevented Zabuza from getting anywhere close to Kurami. 

As Kurami's breathing quickened, tears welled up in her eyes before she shut them tightly and grunted. The mirrors around Sasuke had shattered, causing Haku to be blown out of one of them.