Chapt. 82: Memories

"Why...do you come to me whenever I am by myself?" Genin Kurami asked as her and Sasuke were sitting on hill.

"Because you don't annoy me. You're the one person I can tolerate." Sasuke answered.

"And not like the other girls who fall all over you." Kurami tilted her head.

"You're quiet all the time and is very distant with everyone else." He stated while glancing at her.

"I know..."

"I have to say, you're a lot stronger than Sakura. You're more useful to the team than she is."

"I don't notice half the time... I rather be out of people's way..." Kurami frowned and went back to being quiet. Sasuke shrugged his shoulders and lied down on the grass.

~Skip To Another Flashback~

On missions, Kurami and Sasuke made the perfect duo. They fought in symphony. The two were a perfect match whenever the two fought together. Side by side. Slowly, Sasuke began to like Sasuke as a true friend, besides Naruto. She became supportive of Sasuke. She followed him around to make sure he was alright and to often train with him so the two can become stronger.

But Sasuke took all of this in a different way. he got the idea that Kurami was becoming like Sakura. Basically becoming a fangirl. As days went by, Sasuke grew dark because he had his mind set on finding Itachi and avenging his clan. But Kurami was always there to see if he was alright. She was worried. After all, she thought they were friends.

"Sasuke, you...should think about what you're doing. There's no rush in finding your brother. There is still time. You don't have to be in such a rush. Sasuke, wait-!"

"Don't touch me!" Sasuke shouted as he shook Kurami's hand off of his shoulder. "No rush? Still time? What the hell would you know about anything!?" He screamed with rage. "Don't you dare stand there and talk you like you know everything!"

"I don't know everything... I'm just concerned about you... Is that so wrong? Is it so wrong to be worried about one's teammate? I was just trying to be a good friend to you!" Kurami shouted back with a glare.

"A good friend? Tell me you're joking." He smirked.

"Huh?" Kurami blinked with a bit of confusion written on her face.

"You're just like Sakura. You're so annoying. I don't even know why you're on this team. Hmph. Get it through your thick head. I'm not interested in a girl like you. You're pathetic."

"Tch." Kurami clicked her tongue as her hair shaded her eyes and her hands tightened into fist. "You know what?... Sasuke Uchiha. The last of the Uchiha Clan... All you do is mope around and say you're going to get revenge and restore your clan. You're like a broken record player..."

"What did you say?" Sasuke glared.

"I see you...as somebody I can call a friend. Because you have that same look in our eyes... The look of despair... That's why I thought you and I were connected in some way... I never liked you as a crush! Get that through your head!"

"Hmph. Don't be naive. You, out of all people, I can tolerate. I kept you around to keep the other girls away. You're just a thing to me."

"If I'm a thing, then you're a waste of space. Why would I like somebody like you? Somebody who talks nothing but their clan and killing their brother. It happened years ago. They're gone. Get over it! They're dead and they're going to stay dead! Killing your brother isn't going to bring them back! Leave it already!"

Of course, Kurami said this out of anger. She wanted to scream at Sasuke back for assuming that she would have a crush on him. All she wanted was to be his friend. Not some crush or obsessed girl who only wanted to flirt. Kurami was angry at the fact that Sasuke even thought of something like that. And comparing her to Sakura only ticked her off even more.

When Sasuke heard these words, his eyes widened with pure rage as he quickly performed a hand sign. "YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!" She performed a fireball jutsu at her and Kurami moved out of the way just in time. But she tripped on her feet and landed on the ground with a thud. "You know nothing about the Uchiha Clan! Don't you dare speak of them again!"

He performed another hand sign, the same tiger sign, and blew a bigger fireball towards Kurami. She couldn't dodge it this time. Her eyes widened as the big ball of fire came at her as she was gulfed in the flames.

Kurami screamed in agony as the fire burned her skin. Luckily she survived, but Sasuke left her there in pain. She was left crying on the ground as she was trying to recovery from her injuries. Nobody came to help her as seconds, minutes, and hours passed. It was almost like Kurami was left there for dead.

'Kurami... It was you all along. I did know you from before. I remember you.' Sasuke thought as he was on his way to look for Danzo. Meanwhile, Kurami was still in the same spot as she was in before.

'What id Sasuke after? What did he remember exactly to go after me like that?' She continued to wonder the same thing just as she escaped. 'Never mind that. I have to get out of here.' Closing her eyes, Kurami transported herself outside of the summit, a bit too far. It was snowing out. 'Snow?'

She blinked when she saw the white falling from the sky. "And where do you think you're going? Why did you run?" Obito appeared in front of her.

"Where were you? You left me there." Kurami recalled with a glare.

"Apologies. I wanted to remain hidden. I didn't think Karin would seek you out so soon. Why did you go so far from the summit?" He asked.

"Because I had to get away from Sasuke. He's a lot different from the last time I saw him... The look in his eyes and the smirk. He went after me without hesitation like some obsessed lunatic. Looks like you were right when you said that he has regained some memory. But I don't know what exactly he remembers. It doesn't explain why he's after me all the sudden."

"What do you recall from the memories you shared with him?"

"Only the missions we went together when use to be a squad. After that...we got into an argument and things were left on a painful note... I grew even more distant after that. Maybe recalls something that I cannot..."

"You will have plenty of time to think on that later... Listen to me carefully, Kurami. I want you to stay here until I return. There is some business I need to take care of. Is that understood."

"Yes." Kurami nodded her head. Obito lowly hummed and brought his hand up to Kurami's face, and cupped her cheek.

"Good girl. I won't be long." With that said, Obito left, leaving Kurami alone in the snowy area. But, she wasn't alone for too long. Because Naruto, Sai, Sakura, Kakashi, Yamato, Lee, and Kiba met up with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~