Chapt. 85: The Upcoming War

After Sasuke and Naruto's one last confrontation with one another, Sakura, Kakashi, Naruto, Kurami, and Karin returned to the Leaf Village? Kakashi carried Karin on his back while Kurami was walking close beside Naruto. Thanks to Sakura, Karin's wounds have healed. But, she would be taken to interrogation. 

When returning to the village, Kurami quickly went to the KIA stone. She was searching for a particular name. "What is it, Kurami?" Kakashi followed her after taking Karin to Ibuki for questioning.

"Back then. When we were just genin. You mentioned his name. Obito. Is his name on this stone?" She asked.

"It is. Why?"

"Because that is the Akatsuki member's name. I told you this before. You explained to s all about the names on this stone and why they were on it. If Obito's name is on this stone, then how is he still alive? When he is suppose to be dead." Kurami looked at Kakashi, who had a surprised and confused look on his face.

"He should be dead, Kurami... I watched him die." He said, but his voice was filled with uncertainty.

"But he's alive, Kakashi. He wouldn't lie to me about telling me his name. I made sure of that. He knows me. He was there the whole time."

"What are you talking about?"

"He was there watching me the entire time during my first life... Yet he never revealed himself to me. He said it was complicated... That's why I'm going to ask you this now... Do you know Obito? If you do, then how? How come he knows me throughout all of this? He remembers me first hand, but you did not."

"You're angry with me, aren't you?"

"No." Kurami shook her head. "I just want to know more about him through you." She turned to him again. "Why would I be angry with you about that? I already knew nobody was going to remember me right on the spot once I came back. I'm just trying to figure out how Obito was able to remember me from first glance. That's all."

"That's all?" Kakashi blinks, and Kurami nods.

"You really thought I would be upset with you over that?"

"Well... Yeah. You seemed so serious." Kakashi rubbed the back of his neck.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to sound so serious." She tilts her head to the side before sighing to herself. It went quiet for a few moments before Kurami looked back at the stone. "We should prepare ourselves for what is to happen next. War is coming. I'll report to Lady tsunade to what I've discovered. From here on out... There is no telling what could happen."

Days have passed and Kurami spent her time with Naruto. The two trained together while discussing some things that Naruto was interested about Kurami. "So the shadows that are always around you, they come from your emotions?"

"Yes. Although I can do much more than conjuring up darkness and shadows." Kurami replied after Naruto defeated another one of her clones that were covered in shadows. This was her way of helping him in train, and Naruto didn't mind this at all. "I can summon the creature, Walrider."

"So that's what you call it!" Naruto suddenly shouts. "Is it apart o you, or is it a guardian?"

"Both. It was given to me...as a gift."

"Man. That's one awesome gift."

"Back then you seem terrified of it at first glance. Now you seem interested in it..." Kurami recalled.

"Well, it was kind of scary seeing it up close and all. But I've gotten use to it since it acts as your guardian. How long have you had to deal with it?"

"Ever since I came back. But I try not to let it out too much."

"I see. So, what else can you do?"

"I can bring back those from the dead, but only recently. But, that was something I figured out on my own in a desperate need..."

"So you recently discovered it all on your own? Like some new power?"

"Mhm." Kurami nodded. "Naruto. Can you promise me something?"

"Hm?" Naruto blinks.

"When my time is finally up... I want you to forget about me."

"What?"

"You heard me correctly. I don't have all that long to live once all of this is over..." Kurami frowned with her hair hiding her eyes.

"What are you talking about? What are you saying?" Naruto walked over to Kurami and looked down at her, almost as if he was glaring at her.

"I won't have that long to live for before I make my final decision..." Because Naruto, or anybody else didn't know about her time limit. In the beginning, Death did say that when she feels like the time is right, that's when she can officially rest in peace.

"I don't get it, Kurami. Are you talking about taking your own life again?"

"No, of course not." She shook her head in a small whimper, trying to hold back her tears. "I told you that I came back from death, but that doesn't mean I'll stay alive. Everything comes with a price... Naruto, I won't be able to live after all of this... Because I made my decision already. I know you don't understand, but when the time comes you will... I didn't live long enough in my first life, but now that I'm way beyond pass that, I think I'll finally be able to pass on. I enjoy the moments and memories I created and shared with everyone, and I don't regret anything at all in this life. So please...forget about me for when I finally-"

"KURAMI!" Naruto screamed at her to get her to stop talking nonsense. "That's enough! Just stop it!" He grabbed her by the shoulders, causing her to give out a louder whimper while shutting her eyes. "I don't know where the hell you get to decide all of this, especially when we all want you here! I'm not going to let anything happen to you, and I won't let death take you either!" Naruto hugged her tightly, leaving her in shock and speechless. "Never again am I going to let anything happen to you! I swear on that!" He quickly pulled away and kissed her.

Kurami's eyes widened as she gasped in the kiss. Her heart pound against her chest. She never expected a kiss from Naruto. She blushed a deep red before slowly returning the kiss. 'Naruto...'

~Obito's P.O.V.~

Everything is almost complete. Soon, the world will be a better place. Everything that I've work for is finally falling into place. The upcoming war will be here soon. Yet there is still so much work that needs to be done. However, I need Kurami out of the way for a while.

She has forgiven this world for what it has done to her, but she doesn't see that this world is still the same. Still so cruel. She has forgotten what this world has truly become. But soon, I will make her understand. I will show her the true reality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~