45-The Learning Curve

April 30th, 2026
Creator Residence
Los Angeles, CA
12:17 pm-Akeylah POV
.
.
.
.
Akeylah: Babe. Careful!

Tyler: (walks in the door carrying two car seats) I got this Key. I'm not gonna drop them.

Akeylah: I know. They're just so...Fragile.

I closed the door behind me and locked it as I sighed with relief. This was the first time stepping through the doors of our home as a family. I was released from the hospital two days after I gave birth but because the twins were born early, they were kept for ten extra days just to make sure that they would make it at home.

I was completely torn apart being at home without my babies. Every chance I got, I was at the hospital right by their side and so was Tyler. I truly appreciate him now more than ever. There were so many nights I cried in his arms at the thought that I wasn't with the twins but it was out of my control. But now they're home and they're safe that's all I could ever ask for.

Tyler: And this is the kitchen where we're gonna run around and bother mommy while she's cooking, make daddy's famous cookies-

Akeylah: (quietly giggles) Okay first and foremost, they don't understand a word you're saying, Ty. Second, stop lying to them already...

Tyler: Hey! My cookies will be famous one day. Also, if they can't understand me then they don't know that I'm stretching the truth.

Akeylah: Oh lord.

Tyler: Oh! I should show y'all where daddy's gonna teach you how to play piano.

Akeylah: Tyler? Are their eyes even open?

He shrugged then sat the carriers down on the counter and opened the little canopy covers on them to see both twins fast asleep as usual.

Tyler: (smacks his lips) Doesn't even matter. They can picture what I'm telling them.

Akeylah: Bu-Okay... Don't take too long with your tour because I have to feed them.

Tyler: No. WE have to feed them. It's two of them and two of us. There's no reason for you to have to feed them both at once.

Akeylah: I could do it by myself babe and you could too. Just set them in the Twin Z Pillow.

Tyler: I won't be too long. I promise.

He planted a kiss on my forehead before making his way to the elevator with the twins. I then took it upon myself to start getting some bottles prepared for when he came back. While the twins were in the hospital, I managed to get a good schedule going for myself as far as pumping goes. We already have at least two weeks worth of milk stored in the freezer. I took out two packs and placed them on the counter before placing them in a bowl of warm water to unthaw.

As I grabbed two anti-colic bottles and began to wash them out, my phone began to ring.

Akeylah: Yeah babe?

Tyler: JuJu crying but I'm not sure why.

Akeylah:...JuJu?

Tyler:...Znuie?

Akeylah: But why Ju-You know what, never mind. I did say it was almost time to feed them but check to see if she's wet just to be sure.

Slight shuffling and soft cries could be heard on the other end of the phone. I bit my lip and continued to wash the bottles until  I heard Tyler again.