4-Shadowing

October 4, 2023
Keynote Records
Hollywood, CA
2:20pm - Akeylah POV
.
.
.
Today I was showing Mystique around her new label home. After she auditioned and I offered her a spot at the label, she shopped around to some other ones and after reading through their contracts with her uncle (who's an attorney), she ruled out that she would rather be here.

I was excited to say the least. She would be the ACTUAL first artist signed to the label. Out of everyone that came an auditioned over the last month, she has been the only one that has stood out amongst the others so I'm going to focus on her until I feel as though I'm ready for others again.

Akeylah: And this is our dance studio. It's big and spacious for free movement and also big rehearsals that require a bigger space to work with.

Mystique: Oh wow. This is amazing. Too bad I can't dance.

Akeylah: And that why we have artist development. To help you improve in the areas that you aren't strong in but want to be. I guess you can say it's almost like school but it isn't boring.

Mystique: I guess I'll take that.

Akeylah: Okay so next we have our chill room. This is where artists can come and like, take their minds off of music if they hit a mental road block.

Mystique: You got it all in here! foosball, air hockey, pool, ping pong, bean bags, gaming systems...this is super dope.

Akeylah: Yeah. I had some help putting this together but it came out amazing.

Mystique: So a question about something in the contract..

Akeylah: Okay.

Mystique: Will I REALLY have complete creative control over myself.

Akeylah: Of course! That's why I never signed to a label because I wanted to be myself and not conform to what they wanted instead of what I wanted. I want to make sure that my artist are able to express themselves however they so choose as long as it's not in a violent matter. However you want to present yourself is up to you and we will fund it.

Mystique: Awesome!! Because I have so many ideas for the direction I want to take.

Akeylah: We look forward to hearing them!

I continued to give her a tour before we finally went to my office to chat a bit more. {office below}

 {office below⬇}

Mystique: Oh. This is different.

Akeylah: (shrugs) Yeah. I had to make my office look different. I mean, not every executive office has to be bland.

Mystique: (grins and nods) I like it.

Akeylah: (smiles) Thank you.

I sat down behind my desk and she sat in one of the chairs in front of it