31-Honeymoon Pt.2

July 23rd, 2025
Foz do Iguaçu/Cataratas International Airport
Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil
5:32pm-Akeylah POV
.
.
.
When I thought about it, it's kinda crazy to think that we were in another country just 6 hours ago and now we're stepping off the jet into another one. This used to be something that I could only ever dream about and now I'm actually doing it.

I was excited to be in Brazil, especially because of the resort that we were going to be staying at. I was also excited because our one year wedding anniversary was in two days.

Tyler: It's crazy to think that we've almost been married for a year now.

Akeylah: I know, especially since I've been gone most of that time. I feel bad.

Tyler: (shrugs) Don't. I was gone during most of the wedding planning last year. We even now.

Akeylah: (laughs) I don't wanna be even.

Tyler: (chuckles) Well we are so...I don't know what to tell you.

We both approached the car that was waiting for us and got inside when the chauffer opened the door for us. Once he closed the door, Tyler rolled up the privacy window.

Akeylah: Why'd you roll the window up?

Tyler: Because I wanna be able to talk to you without niggas being nosy.

Akeylah: (giggles) That man ain't worried about us Ty. He probably got a bunch of other things on his mind.

He just shrugged and pulled me closer to him to the point I was leaning into his body. We stayed that way until we finally made it to the resort. The driver opened the door for us to get out as someone came out and grabbed our bags to take them to our room. We followed closely behind as I looked around at my surroundings. Just before we went inside, a red, yellow and blue parrot flew by.

Akeylah: (taps Tyler's shoulder) Babe!! Did you see that??

Tyler: See what? And can you stop tapping me so aggressively??

Akeylah: A parrot just flew over our heads. It was so beautiful too.

Tyler: Oh nah. I didn't catch that.

Akeylah: So what we doing after we get settled?

Tyler: Nigga I'm taking a nap. We just got off the jet from a 6 hour flight.

Akeylah: A nap?? When we just got here??

Tyler: Yes a nap Key. I've been up since 8 this morning cooking breakfast for us and then everything else we had to do before getting here. I'm tired.

Akeylah: (sighs) Fine. I'm gonna just explore by myself then.

Tyler: (raises his brow) And what makes you think you're doing that?

Akeylah: I'm not gonna sit around bored while I wait for you to wake up Tyler.

Tyler: Call the girls on group facetime or something. We're in a foreign country. You shouldn't be wandering by yourself.

Akeylah: It's just around the resort, it's not like I'm trying to go outside of it. I don't have anywhere to go outside of this place anyways.

Tyler: (sighs) Can you please just listen for once and wait for me Key? I just want to make sure that you're safe. I'll sleep for an hour so we can go look around.

Akeylah: (sighs) No. It's okay. We can go out tomorrow. I don't want to take away from your sleep just because I'm being impatient.

Tyler: Are you sure?