13-The Dress

April 13th, 2024
The Creator Residence
Los Angeles, CA-Akeylah POV
.
.
.
.
Yesterday was pretty jammed packed for me. Not only did Tyler leave for tour yesterday but it was also Mysti's album release party. She was so happy for people to finally hear her work. I even got Pharrell to stop by for a little as an surprise and he praised her work. I ended up staying at the party longer than expected and got in late.

The rays from the sun peeped through the curtains and I threw the cover over my head until I heard my phone begin to ring. I peeled the cover off of me and looked to see the contact and it hit me! I COMPLETELY forgot that I had arranged for my stylist Sasha to bring over some dressed for the girl and I to try on...THE GIRLS!! I forgot about them too!! Also my mom and Tyler's!

I quickly jumped out of bed and picked up the phone

Akeylah: Yeah girl! I totally forgot that you were coming! How far are you?

Sasha: Sis...we're ALL at the gate. Literally, our cars are lined up to get in.

Akeylah: Oh shit! My bad. I'll come down and open the gate now.

We ended the call as I quickly rushed down to the front door and tapped the button to open the gate on the security system.

I ran back upstairs and quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face just so that I wasn't looking too crusty.

"KEKE"!

I heard Baylei call out. I rushed back downstairs to be greeted by everyone coming through the door.

Akeylah: Hey everybody. Sorry I kept y'all waiting. It was a late night last night.

Michelle: (snickers) Yeah we saw you and Mysti's insta stories.

Sasha: So where are we doing this?

Akeylah: Okay so...I'm not even joking when I say this. We can honestly do this in my closet because it's SO much room in there it's insane!

Carter: Key, you know that's a LOT of stairs for me to climb with this big belly in front me.

Akeylah: Oh right...my bad. You and Sasha can take the elevator then.

Everyone: ELEVATOR!!

Akeylah: Yeah...We just don't use it...so we never had a reason to tell anyone about it...

As everyone started to come for my neck, I lead them around the corner of the staircase to where the elevator was. Sasha and Carter got in along with the Mom's. But when everyone else tried to get in I stopped them.

Akeylah: Uh...the compacity is 4 and the rest of us are VERY capable of taking the stairs. Now move it!

Domonique: (whines) That's not even fair Key!

Akeylah: It is too!

We all made our way upstairs and were greeted by those stepping off of the elevator. We made it to my closet and everyone found themselves a seat.

Carter: It sucks I can't try on any dresses. I was looking forward to this! (pouts)

Sasha: I'm sure you're gonna go back down to your regular dress size before the wedding. If not, I can help to tailor it to fit.

Carter: (smiles) Thanks Sasha.

Sasha: Okay! So the first thing that I want to do is get the Mom's out of the way so that we can get to the bridesmaid and maid of honor then the bride. So based on the photos that Key sent to me, I have picked out a few selections that I feel best fit your styles. Ready??