8-Thanksgiving

November 23, 2023
Manhattan, New York, NY
Thanksgiving 9:45am - Akeylah POV
.
.
.
Akeylah: Oh my goodness! I don't miss the cold at all! (fixes her coat)

Tyler: If you're so cold, shouldn't you had worn something warmer?

Akeylah: Hey! I'm gonna be on live television I wanna look cute! {outfit below; not her}

Akeylah: Hey! I'm gonna be on live television I wanna look cute! {outfit below; not her⬇}

Frank: (snickers) And that's exactly why you're gonna freeze.

Akeylah: Shut up Franky! Where's that boyfriend of yours? I thought you said he was gonna meet us here so we can meet him. Also, I can't be late to this parade.

Frank: (rolls his eyes) He's coming just calm your tits.

Tyler: Well he needs to hurry up so we can get Key to this performance so we can fly back home and eat and get out of this cold!

A few minutes later, a tall, slender figured man with thick eyebrows approach us. He looks as though he could be Hispanic but I wasn't too sure. He smiled as he walked over to Frank and hugged him then gave him a quick peck on the lips.

Frank: Tyler, Akeylah, this is my boyfriend Memo. Babe, this is my fr-well basically my brother Tyler and his fiancée Akeylah.

Memo: Nice to finally meet you guys. Love your music by the way.

Tyler: Thanks man. Nice to meet you too.

Akeylah: Nice to finally meet you. I don't know why he's been hiding you for so long.

Frank: (scoffs) I have not been hiding him!

Akeylah: Whatever you say Franky. Now we have to go like, now! Clancy is blowing up my line.

We all then piled into the Escalade and the driver took us to the meeting point for the floats. I wasn't one of the first performers going up but the company still wanted everyone to be there just incase things needed to be rearranged for whatever reason. My team was already there which is why they were blowing my phone the hell up.

Soon we finally made it and I rushed out of the vehicle and went to go find my team.

Tyler: Nigga slow down!

Akeylah: Nah! Y'all keep up!

Frank: She's always like this babe. You'll get used to it.

Memo: (chuckles) Honestly it's funny.

Clancy: Finally you're here! I don't know if you had some already but here, you're gonna need it.

He handed me a Starbucks cup and I knew it was the honey citrus mint tea. It was a favorite of mine because of the taste and, it helps my throat if I'm sick or in singing conditions such as this.