30-Honeymoon Pt.1

July 20th, 2025
LAX
Los Angeles, CA
9:15am-Akeylah POV
.
.
.
Tyler and I had just arrived at the airport. We were finally embarking on our long awaited honeymoon. It for sure was about to be a game of hide and seek with our passports. We have so many places we're visiting it's almost unbelievable.

Vil and Anthony had just finished unloading our luggage from the car and the flight attendant was ready for us to board now.

Anthony: Have a safe trip.

Vil: And be aware of your surroundings.

Tyler: We will man. Y'all be safe too.

Akeylah: OH!

I reached into the car and grabbed a Tupperware bowl of homemade peanut butter cookies I made last night and handed it to Vil.

Akeylah: I made these for you guys as a parting gift. I already gave Zander his.

I hugged them both before Tyler and I walked up the steps and into the jet. I swept my freshly done ginger faux locs out of my face as I sat in my seat and got comfortable.

Akeylah: (sighs) I've been waiting for this all year!

Tyler: (chuckles) It feels good to finally have a break huh?

Akeylah: Yes! No more tour, no writing, producing, managing, modeling and whatever other things I do. Just you, just me, wherever the hell we wanna be.

I didn't get a response after that so I looked away from the window and seen him staring.

Akeylah: (giggles) Can I have my face back please?

Tyler: What? I can't look at how good my wife looks?

Akeylah: I mean...you can. How long we got until we get there?

Tyler: We probably wouldn't make it in until 4pm.

Akeylah: Can we even do anything that late?

Tyler: (shrugs) I mean, we should be able to.

Just then, the flight attendant made her way over to us.

FA: Your luggage has been put in cargo and we're about to take off. Would you like anything?

Akeylah: A bagel with cream cheese would be nice. Oh and sparkling water.

Tyler: Just water for me.

She nodded then walked away. I returned my gaze to the window then suddenly a thought to text my mom popped into my head. I whipped out my phone and began to do that.

Tyler: You ever thought about joining the mile high club?

Akeylah: (looks up from her phone) Tyler...

Tyler: (shrugs) What? I'm just asking. This is the first time we've been on a plane together...ALONE. It's always been someone with us.

Akeylah: Ehh...I've thought about it a few times before but I don't know. Wait. Are YOU a member??

Tyler: I-Well yeah. But this was before you...

Akeylah: Hmm...(looks back down at her phone)

Tyler: Ba-

"Good morning Creators. This is your Captain John speaking and I have some info about our flight. Our flight time today will be 6hours and 23 minutes and our estimated time of arrival in Turks and Caicos is 4:30pm local time. The weather in our route is good. The temperature at our destination is now 22 degrees Celsius, with clear sky. We wish you a pleasant flight. We are now about to take off so please fasten your seatbelts and power off all electronic devices until we airborne. Thank you."