27-Prep (Short Filler Chapter)

February 5th, 2025
Keynote Records Production Studio
Hollywood, CA
12:00pm-Tyler POV
.
.
.
Today I had some free time on my hands so I decided to sit in on Key's tour rehearsals. I never had the chance to so I was curious to see what her and her team were doing with production.

Currently, she was in one of her outfits for tour and Syrus the light tech was playing around with the lighting as Akeylah moved around on the mock stage.

Syrus: How's that Lani?

Lani: It's still a bit bright. The glare from the diamonds are too jarring.

He brought the lights down some more then waited for Lani's approval.

Lani: That's better to me. What do you think Tyler?

Tyler: (shrugs) If this is what y'all are going for then it's fine.

Lani: (holds thumb up) All set Key!

Akeylah:(speaks into her headset mic) Okay. Did we get the conveyor belts installed in yet?

Tyler: Conveyor Belt?

Suddenly the part of the stage Akeylah was standing on started to live and she began sliding to the right.

Akeylah: Yess!! This is gonna go so hard during the shows! I can feel it!

Tyler: (grins) Ayo! That shit actually looks pretty sick!

Akeylah: It is!

Sean: (walks in) I didn't miss anything did I?

Lani: Nope. We're just running through the tech part of the show. Make sure everything works.

Sean: Oh okay, cool. Did y'all do the rising stage yet?

Tyler: Yeah. That already happened. All of the camera angles are sick too.

Sean: Great! That means the routines will work out just fine. Key! Where's the dancers?

Akeylah: In the back. I'll go get em'.

The conveyor belt stopped moving and she walked off the stage to go get her dancers.

Lani: I actually didn't think we could pull any of the things she wanted off but here we are. Making it happen. That wife of yours has a crazy imagination.

Tyler: That's what I love about her. Anything she dreams of, she makes it happen.

Sean: Yup. That's our Key!

Soon we heard a bunch of noise coming back towards the stage. I chuckled as we all looked and seen Key and the roses dancing their way onto the stage.

They all goofed and freestyled for a minute or two before Sean walked on stage.

Sean: Okay everyone. Listen up! We're about to run everything from top to bottom as if it were the real thing. We have the whole set up now and we've already been in rehearsals for 4 months now. I think we should have it down. Now places!

He clapped his hands as everyone quickly ran off to their marks. The lights in the building went down and then a string section could be heard playing throughout it.

The once completely black screen started to look as though it were opening up and Key's silhouette could be seen as she walked up some steps and stood. All you could see was her hair blowing as she stood

Akeylah: Walked by, So fly. I made sure I took my time...
.
.
.
They were now at least half way through the show and so far everything has looked great. I was by far impressed with the production of everything. Moving stages, rain, glitter, sparks, camera angles for the screens, everything was sick!

The live bands production was great too. I could tell that Key really put a lot of thought into the making of this tour and her team was doing great executing.

Right now, Key was running through her song "Cycles". She was laying on a portion of the stage where the camera was high up, pointing down at her as it slowly spun.

Akeylah: Had enough, had enough yeah
I don't want, I don't want it
Toxic love, toxic love no
I won't come, I won't come back
We stuck in these cycles
Running with our eyes closed
Round and round we here again
I think we in denial
We stuck in these cycles
Running with our eyes closed
We been doing this too long
Let's make this trip the final baby

As the song ended, the lights on stage went back down and the screen started playing another interlude video/song that was going to lead into the next part of the show.

Lani: Wow. I can't believe we're really pulling this off.

Kelly: And to think that I doubted this woman for a second.

Tyler: (shrugs) Should've known by now. Whatever she sets her mind too, she's gonna do it.

The video ended, the stage lights came back up and Key could be seen walking from one side of the stage to another.

Akeylah: Feel it comin', we just waitin'
Heavy topic you run away from it
Weighin' down on my chest, cavin' in
We both can't breathe, and
You just won't leave, and now
Lookin' at you
Weak in your knees, and you're
Laid in your wave of deceit
If you're lookin' down, what's on my face is
Is all the pain
And it won't go away
We
It's all in agony
Pray, but my heart is weak, yeah
It's all monotony
But we, we
.
.
.
Things were now wrapping up with the run through. The last song was being performed and I was watching how flawlessly everyone moved on stage. Throughout this whole thing, not once did I see anyone mess up or at least they played it off well. There were about 4-5 new dancers added to the bunch. Since this was a bigger production than the first tour, It was needed.

The song wrapped and everyone in the building started clapping and cheering.

Akeylah: (laughs into the mic) That almost felt like the real thing. Great work everyone! Really, I mean it. Now let's go home cause' a bitch is tired.

Lani: So you don't have any notes?

Akeylah: We can get to that tomorrow. Tonight, I need rest.

Everyone laughed as we all began to go our separate ways throughout the building.

Tyler: If this was just a rehearsal, I imagine this shit is gonna go dumb on tour!

Akeylah: (snickers) It better! All the hard work we put into it.

Tyler: Wanna stop somewhere to eat?

Akeylah: Nah. I wanna go home and go to bed.

Tyler: AFTER we eat.

Akeylah: (grins) Fine.
.
.
.
.
{A/N: Chile!! At this point I'm stalling like hell💀 This chapter ain't shit but I've been trying to hold off as long as I could. I'm over it now💀}