23-Changes

August 12th, 2024
Keynote Records
Hollywood, CA
10:15 am-Akeylah POV
.
.
.
.
Akeylah: Good Morning everyone.

Everyone: Good Morning Key.

Akeylah: So, as you all know, I got married about two and a half weeks ago, then took some time away from the label. I left Trinity in charge while I was gone and I've gotten pretty good reviews about her leadership role. Well done Trinty and thank you.

Trinity: No Problem.

Akeylah: Even though this is my first day back in the office, I do come with an announcement...

I paused for a second to gather my thoughts while everyone either looked around in suspense or whispered to one another.

Akeylah: At the end of the year, I will be stepping down as CEO and Trinty will be taking the reins.

Zola: But why are you leaving?

Cassandra: Yeah...this is so sudden.

Then Dakota (of whom handles our business and legal affairs) chimed in.

Dakota: If you all would just let her finish, she can explain herself.

Akeylah: Thank you, Dakota. As I was saying, I will be stepping down and Trinity will be taking over. There is so much going on for me next year with rehearsals, touring, and my honeymoon that I simply just can't run the label. So I am putting it in Trinty's hands. I can trust that the little trial run that she had the past two weeks will translate over fully once she is in position. I really do appreciate each and every one of you for even believing in my vision enough to come and be a part of all of this. Even though Trinty will be stepping up in my place, I will still be around because I am an artist on the label myself. So if you still need anything you can come to me. I don't mind. I just ask that you all respect your new CEO the same as you do me. Any questions, comments, or concerns before we adjourn?

Faith: Is that really why you're leaving? If that's too p-

Akeylah: Well...I trust you all enough to work at my label so I can give y'all a spot of tea.

We all laughed before I took a sip of my water and began to talk again

Akeylah: Not only is my life seemingly getting busier than I imagined, but I'm also settling down. I just got married, we're going on our honeymoon after the tour...I just want to take the time to be a wife for a while. We also want children, so maybe that will come in a year or two. I want to focus on my family.

Everyone in the room nodded their heads. I was glad that they understood but I knew they would because we are all women and we do share some of the same emotions.

Akeylah: Anything else?

Nikita: (snickers)I hope you know we're throwing you a going-away party.

Everyone: (laughs)

Akeylah: You guys don't have to do that.

Bria: Oh we are and we will!

Trinity: (smirks) I second that notion as future CEO.

Akeylah: (grins) Oh okay. Anything else?

Everyone: Nope.

Akeylah: Okay then. The meeting is adjourned, and for being good sports about today's news, Starbucks on me.

They all cheered as they gathered their things and began to exit the conference room.

Trinity: Do you really think that I can do this Key?