6-CFG: Day 1

November 11th, 2023
Dodgers Stadium Parking Lot
Camp Flog Gnaw Carnival

Los Angeles, CA
12:00pm - Tyler POV
.
.
Today was the first day of my annual Camp Flog Gnaw carnival and I couldn't be any more hyped. I was doing something entirely different this year as far as the Camp Stage lineup goes. I was splitting the two days headlining shows into genres. Tonight was going to be more of a hype, moshing type of night and tomorrow was going to be a bit more smooth, and mellow. So Saturday (tonight) is Hip-Hop/Rap and Sunday (tomorrow) is R&B/Pop.

The smaller stages (Flog & Gnaw) were going to remain all genre based acts. I just want to try something different with the main stage to see if people fuck with it or not. Not to mention that the lineup this year was SICK in my biased opinion. Yeah, BIASED! I don't give a fuck.

The Lineup - Saturday
A$AP Rocky
Tyler, The Creator
Lil Yachty
Vince Staples
Earl Sweatshirt

The Lineup - Sunday
Solange
Keylah Rose
Kali Uchis
Syd
Steve Lacy

Yup! This year was going to be good! I have ALL of my favorite carnival rides and games back. I even added a new ride which I noticed over the years is a favorite of Key's at other carnivals so this was going to be a big surprise for her especially since she's gotten her stitches out and can actually ride it.

Right now, I was standing outside the restrooms in the VIP Clubhouse waiting on Key and her protégé Mysti to come out. She's been shadowing Key for about a month now and from what I've seen of her, she's pretty cool and very talented.

Mystique: The fact that there's even a line for the bathroom is disgusting.

Akeylah: I know right. So much for a VIP Clubhouse.

Tyler: Ayo. Quit talking shit about my function niggas.

Akeylah: Calm your tits. People are still gonna show up every year whether I say something about the bathroom or not.

Tyler: (rolls his eyes) Anyways, where do y'all wanna start off first?

Mystique: I was gonna say the Ferris wheel but I want to save that for later in the evening since all of the lights will be on by then.

Tyler: Right? That's when it's the best time to ride! See, I knew I liked you. (high fives her)

Akeylah: Ooh!! Let's go to zero gravity!! I love that ride!

Mystique: (shrugs) Sounds good to me.

Tyler: Aight.

We started on our long walk over to the carnival ride when we ran into Jasper and Carter looking like two giddy children in candy store.

Jasper: We just went on this sick new ride about 6 times!!

Carter: Oh my god! It was so fucking awesome!!

I looked at them both wide eyed. They were running their mouths and Key doesn't know about the ride yet.

Tyler: (grits his teeth) What new ride? There's no new ride...

They both looked at me confused until they realized what I was getting at.

Carter: Oh...The super-shot!

Jasper:...Felt like a new ride every time we got on. It was super tight!

Akeylah: Uh...Okay? Cool.