Chapter 111

Izetta's POV

After about an hour and a half of driving, we arrived. I smiled as we pulled into the parking garage specifically reserved for us. This was my old apartment. I was lucky that nobody else had been staying in it. Then again, not many people could afford such a nice place.

"Here we are! Come on, let's go! All of our things have already been brought here and up to my place!" 

"This place looks...expensive." I closed up our garage and lead him along.

"All of my stuff kinda is." 

"Yes, I know. I just...I've never been to places like this before."

"You saw Stark Tower."

"That was different, Darling."

"It'll be fine."

We headed inside and I saw a whole bunch of boxes and the tarps were still covering the furniture. I sighed. Yep, figures. Looks like I've got work to do. 

"What's all this?" Loki asked.

"Oh, I just have to get things ready. They bring it in, they don't set it up. I have to do it myself. I'll get it done! I promise! You go take a shower or something, okay? I'll work as fast as I can. I might not get all of it done today, but it'll be alright!"

"Wait...you're going to do it all yourself?" I didn't know why that confused him.

"Well, yeah. I know you don't like doing this stuff. That's why you can go freshen up! I know you like being clean." He looked away, frowning. I frowned too. "What's wrong?" His eyes met mine.

"Darling, I...I want to help. I can't ask you to do it all." I was stunned.

"You really want to help?"

"Yes, love, of course I do. I...might be lackluster at this form of work, but I refuse to fall short when loving you. If helping with things around here is what is required to show my affection, then so be it, my dear." I smiled, thrilled to hear him say that.

"Well...okay! Come on! I'll show you! It's not hard!"

"I said I may be lackluster, but I am still capable." 

"Well then, can you start unboxing things? I'll get to work on the furniture." 

"Which ones should I start with?"

"Umm...start with the ones that have any decorations in them, okay?"

"...Which ones are those?" I chuckled.

"Come here, I'll show you."

We worked together for a long time. We got everything out and set up pretty quick. Then again, some stuff was still missing. We didn't have everything we needed yet. That and I wanted a few other things to spruce up the place. 

Loki and I worked for a while, and then we took breaks. I had fun dancing with him. I showed him some of my music and I taught him a bit of how to dance to it. Some of it was similar to what he was used to. We enjoyed ourselves. I loved spending this time with him. Seeing him be so purely happy was beyond what I'd ever expected. He was such a different man, yet still Loki. 

Once we finished our work, both of us cleaned up together. It'd been a long time since I'd seen him like that, but we didn't go too far other than some more intimate kisses and helping each other wash up. It was wonderful.

After hours of work, dancing, and then washing up together, I was pretty tired. It had been a long day. I was ready to get some peace and quiet time with him. Both of us relaxed on the couch and decided to watch a few movies together as nightfall came soon enough. We stayed there for a long time, cuddling and resting peacefully.