Chapter 59

Varick's POV

We made it back about an hour early. Fawn started to get to work with setting up the basics, but I went to look for Izetta. As I looked around, I soon realized that she wasn't around! I very quickly got worried. I hurried back to Fawn.

"Fawn! She's gone! We need to find her!"

"Varick, please, relax. She can handle herself. It's going to be fine. She's probably just exploring."

"That's dangerous! Not everything here is friendly!" I snapped back, still worried.

"Yes, but she has skills to get out of danger if she would need to. She's alright, Brother. You know I can sense when something is out of balance. I would know if she were in any severe trouble. I trust Izetta, as should you."

"You don't always know when things are wrong, Fawn."

"Which is why your worry is valid, but you might be a bit excessive right now, Varick."

"Can we please just look for her?" I asked. Fawn sighed.

"I will send my animals out. Will that make you feel better?" I relaxed a bit.

"Yes...yes, I'll settle for that." She smiled sweetly before letting out a call. Her pets came quickly. She had three of them, triplets. They were grey, light brown with dark brown patches, and white with black speckles.

 They were grey, light brown with dark brown patches, and white with black speckles

"Alright, Shadow can you search to the East?" The grey girl squeaked and took off. "Twig, you search West." The brown boy hurried off at well. "And Whisp, you search all around the mountain." She nuzzled Fawn before flying off as well. "Better, brother?"

"A bit. But what if they don't find her?"

"Then we trust her to come back on her own." I sighed heavily.

"Alright, alright." I began to head out. "I'm still gonna keep watch." Fawn chuckled.

"Varick, you never change."

Fawn's POV

I kept working on building the outline of the new rooms for our sister. I was happy to be doing some work. Usually, Varick always took over, but now I had the chance to actually do something myself. Varick was a bit of a better builder than me at times, but I had more design expertise. 

I understood his worry for Izetta. It was true she was still very new to our world, but I knew she was capable. She was stronger than Varick was giving her credit for. I could see it, but I also knew he had a fair reason why he couldn't. The first one was because he was older and he was protective. He'd become so serious after Father and Mother had both passed. He felt like our world was on his shoulders and he wanted so desperately to keep it together. I knew that feeling, but I had learned that fate always had its plans. He needed to be understanding of the fact that life can never be simple, no matter how hard we try. But, as the nature of many beings, control is something everyone desires, even if it isn't in hedonistic ways.