Chapter 109

Izetta's POV

"I'm really gonna miss you around here." Thor gave me a pat on the back as we walked together.

"Yes, I feel the same. This place has become something to be fond of. And you are still my greatest friend, but I feel it's time to move on to other things." 

"Are you sure you wish to go with them, Brother? I had the impression you preferred Earth, as shocking as that might seem." He sighed at Loki's question (and slight jab).

"Earth has become a great home, but I feel like I might be missing something. These people are great friends of mine. But I will return to visit, of course. See what you two make of yourselves in a year or two, yes?" He said with a grin. Both of us blushed, but I smacked his arm.

"Still not funny, thunder-brains." He laughed.

"Just make sure to get the message out should anything happen, my friend!" I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I'll send you an email," I replied sarcastically, but he took it literally. 

"They go out that far?"

"You're still such an idiot." 

"I know more than he does."

"You truly believe I can't handle Midgardian customs? You insult me, Brother." 

"Well, good luck with this one is all I can wish you," He said, giving me a side hug. I glared at him with a grin.

"Seriously? I feel like you should be saying that to me," I remarked, shooting a knowing look at Loki.

"You both have such little faith in me." 

"I love you, that doesn't mean I trust you with my stuff. You aren't allowed near my gear. You'll blow something up."

"I'm not an imbecile!" He defended.

"Neither was I, yet I said the same thing, and Tony's house still ended up nearly bursting into flames. So, take it from an expert, don't touch my stuff.

"Alright, alright, as you wish, my lady." We made it to the ship and Thor was ready to go. Thor gave me a hug first.

"Thank you for being my friend, Izetta. You really did change my life for the better. I will always believe that." I smiled, trying not to get emotional.

"Damn it, Thor, I was in a good mood two minutes ago." He chuckled.

"You'll do fine. And if anything happens, Stark has made us a good way to contact each other. My newer comrades and I will be back here in seconds." 

"I know you won't actually be far since you can come back, but I'm still always a hater of goodbyes." 

"Don't worry about me. I can handle myself. It's you two I'm concerned with."

"You doubt me, Brother?" Loki asked teasingly. He laughed a bit.

"No, but I'm concerned with the trouble you both may cause."

"I'll watch him. Promise." 

"He said both of us, you know." 

"That's still leaning on you, hon." He rolled his eyes, but I saw his grin. He was enjoying this, even if he wouldn't admit it. Thor turned to Loki.

"Brother," Loki seemed to understand the weight of this. The two smiled and hugged. I saw how much emotion was truly in it. "I'm glad to have you in my life. I always was." Loki said nothing for a moment.

"...Thank you for being my family," They let go and Loki pulled me into his side. "and giving me a chance at my own."

"I knew you two loved each other," I teased. Loki rolled his eyes, but his smile was genuine.