Chapter 70

???'s POV

"...Now I know what you're thinking. 'Oh no! Thor's in a cage! How did this happen? Well, sometimes you have to get captured just to get a straight answer out of somebody. It's a long story, but basically, I'm a bit of a hero. See, I spent some time on Earth, fought some robots, saved the planet a couple of times, and sadly had to leave my good friend behind on her home. Then I went searching through the cosmos for some magical, colorful Infinity Stone things. Didn't find any. Wonder if my friend could've helped with that... Anyway, that's when I came across a path of death and destruction which led me all the way here into this cage where I met you," I said, eyeing my new skeleton friend. His jaw dropped at my story.

I heard a rumbling around me. I looked around. "Hmm...how much longer do you think we'll be in here?" I asked. He did not answer me. Of course, would've been hard for him to do so since his jaw just fell off and everything. You know how it is.

Suddenly, I was dropped from the cage along with my friend. I let out a yell as it tugged and my skeleton friend crashed into the ground. I looked around, trying to see where I was when I heard a chuckle.

"Thor, Son of Odin." I saw who was sitting on a throne in front of me, straining to see him since I wasn't exactly at the right angle. You know, made it a little hard to see him properly. Had to crane my neck a bit, but that's alright. No big deal.

"Surtur, son of...a bitch! You're still alive! I thought my father killed you like...half a million years ago!" I laughed a little.

"I cannot die. Not until I fulfill my destiny and lay waste to your home."

"You know, it's funny you should mention that because I've been having these terrible dreams of late. Asgard up in flames, falling to ruins, and you, Surtur, are the center of all of them!" I said, still spinning slowly.

"Then you have seen Ragnarok, the fall of Asgard! The great prophecy-"

"Hang on. Hang on." I cut him off. I had turned a bit too much. I couldn't see him anymore. "I'll be back around shortly. I really feel like we were connecting there." I grunted, kicking a little. "Okay, so, Ragnarok. Tell me about that. Walk me through it."

"My time has come. When my crown is reunited with the Eternal Flame I shall be restored to my full might! I will tower over the mountains and bury my sword deep in Asgard's-!"

"Oh, hang on." I spun too much again. "Give it a second. I swear, I'm not even moving, it's just doing this on its own. I'm really sorry." He growled a little as I came back around again. "Okay, so, let me get this straight. You're going to put your crown into the Eternal Flame and then you'll suddenly grow as big as a house?"

"A mountain!" He snapped.

"The Eternal Flame that Odin keeps locked away on Asgard?"

"Odin is not on Asgard." I frowned. Huh? That's weird... Is he certain? "And your absence has left the throne defenseless." I don't think that's true...but alright. Just going with it, I guess.

"Okay, so, where is it? This crown?" I asked. He pointed to the big eyebrow horn thingy on his face.

"This is my crown, the source of my power!"

"Oh, that's a crown! I thought it was a big eyebrow..."

"It's a crown!"

"Anyway, it sounds like all I have to do to stop Ragnarok is rip that thing off your head." He stood up, laughing.

"But Ragnarok has already begun! You cannot stop it." He walked toward me, dragging his big fire sword behind him. He lifted me up by my chain. "I am Asgard's doom! And so are you! All will suffer, all will burn!" I nodded.