Chapter 51

Izetta's POV

*A few months later*

I was riding with Tony in his car to the new Avengers Facility. I had the music playing and I was trying to lighten up the mood by dancing a little in the car seat beside him. He glanced over.

"Kid, you look ridiculous."

"You're smiling~"

"This is a pity smile."

"Aw, that hurts." He chuckled and we parked in the garage. I hopped out, walking with him as we met up with Steve and Thor. We talked for a little while as we walked.

"The rules have changed," Steve said.

"We're dealing with something new," Tony added.

"Oh, the Vision's artificial intelligence?" 

"A machine."

"So it doesn't count?"

"No, it's not like a person lifting a hammer."

"Right, different rules for us."

"Nice guy. Artificial." 

"Thank you." 

"He can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone," Thor stated. "It's safe with the Vision. And these days, safe is in short supply."

"I just find it funny you guys are so invested in this," I giggled. 

"But if you put the hammer in an elevator..." Steve continued.

"It would still go up," Tony argued.

"Elevator's not worthy." I laughed.

"Guys! Really?" Thor laughed with me too.

"I'm going to miss these little talks of ours," He said.

"Not if you don't leave," Tony told him.

"I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. It's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. Once all these pieces are in position..."

"Triple Yahtzee?" Tony asked, making me laugh again.

"You think you could find out what's coming?" Steve asked.

"I do. Besides this one," Thor said, patting Tony. "there's nothing that can't be explained." He looked at me. "Izetta?" I smiled a little.

"Not this time, buddy. I'm afraid if someone's leaving and someone's staying...the rolls are reversed this time."

"I will miss you, my friend."

"I can still call Heimdall. I'll check in with you! Somebody has to keep an eye on you!" I teased. He laughed.

"Until we meet again, my friends!" 

"Tell Heimdall to take a vacation once in a while, too! I don't need him stalking my ass!" Thor laughed again before he was off. The symbol was left burned into the grass as Thor disappeared.

"That man has no regard for lawn maintenance," Tony stated.

"It's a little out of his control," I chuckled, walking with them.

"I'm gonna miss him, though. And you're gonna miss me," Tony said to Steve. "There's gonna be a lot of manful tears." He called the car back out to us.

"I will miss you, Tony," Steve stated. "Both of you. I'm assuming you're going with him."

"I officially have two men to babysit. One in another world and one always in his own head," I replied.