Chapter 100

???'s POV

I had changed. I was a different person than I had been back then. So much had happened. I don't know how anyone could've possibly been the exact same as before. So I wasn't expecting this.

"What are you doing!? Get your hands off me!" I snapped at them. They shoved me into the cell. It was one of those stupid cells designed to nullify my powers. I glared at them, angry and not understanding. "What is going on here!? I've done nothing!"

"Oh really? Yeah, sure."

"Come on. He's not worth it. Leave him there. He'll be brought to justice for it soon enough."

"For what!? You know, actually, I don't care! I knew I couldn't trust you petty mortals! This won't hold me long and you know it!"

"Well, it isn't designed to be a permanent prison anyway."

"What exactly are you trying to get at by that, Stark?" I growled.

"You'll see." He remarked back, clearly holding a deep hatred for me.

"Come on, Tony," Rogers replied.

"Will someone please explain to me what the hell is going on!?" I shouted.

"Don't act like you don't know! Another one of your coy tricks!?" Stark was seething with anger. I didn't understand where it was coming from.

"The hell are you talking about!?" Rogers stepped forward, stopping Stark.

"We won't fall for it. Don't let him work you up. That's all he's doing." Stark calmed down and they left. I was stunned.

"Hey! Let me out of this! I haven't done anything, you fools!"

"Do you really not remember?" I whipped around, but there was nobody there. I was on high alert.

"Remember what!?" I snapped.

"What you did." I turned again and I was horrified by what I saw. She was there, but there was blood and she had cuts and bruises. Tear tracks had stained her face and her eyes were dimmed out. What horrified me the most was the obvious stab wound right over her heart. Her crystal had blood dripping out from under it too. "Back in the tower, you just wanted another way to tear them apart."

Tears were in my eyes immediately. "What!? No! I didn't! I spared you! I would never do that to you!" Suddenly, the world shifted around me and I was in the same cage as I had been on their flying ship from that day. However, as I turned, I saw a clear view of myself and her in the tower as if my cage was in that room instead. I was shaking as I saw myself with her at my feet...but she was no longer actually there.

This version of myself turned and grinned, blood dripping off of the scepter. "Come on. What did you think happened? You really believe that we're capable of caring about someone? Wake up. You're living a fantasy. It's all another lie."

"I-I...I've changed...I'm not..."

"Oh please, spare me the sentimentality. You and I have and always will be a monster."

"I am not a monster!"

"Oh yes! You're right! We're not! Are we?" I was stunned as the world suddenly shifted again. I saw all of the people that I had hurt in those two days. "You're a murderer." I saw the innocents falling because of me. I looked away.

"I-It...It's not true! That wasn't me!" My own voice laughed back at me.

"Really? That's your excuse? That's what you tell yourself to feel better about your pathetic little play toy? And all of those useless humans?"