Chapter 87

Tony's POV

A few weeks later I was out shopping with my girls. We always went together as a family. It was a nice time. Plus that meant Pepper wouldn't be overwhelmed if Morgan started crying for some reason. I promised to be there for my family and I was going to keep it.

"Hey, honey, can you grab that box of cereal?"

"Yep. Got it." I said as I picked it up and set it in the cart. Morgan was giggling happily and I smiled at her joy. She was so cute. Things had been getting better. I was doing my best to focus on what I had. It was a good life. This was my second chance to have something.

Soon enough we were done shopping. I helped scan and load up. Pepper kept Morgan entertained with her brand new toy. It was only the third one we'd gotten this week. The first two had been me and the third one...well, okay, it was also me, but Pepper pointed it out first. I just insisted on getting it because Morgan loved it. 

"You know, I don't want her to be spoiled."

"She won't be! Come on, one year old kids are allowed to be spoiled. It's when they understand the concept of being spoiled that you throttle it back." I said as we walked out together with all our groceries. 

"You used to spoil Izetta."

"Okay, that's a little different." Pepper laughed.

"Sure, Tony." I got Morgan into her seat before helping Pepper with the rest. I wasn't allowed to drive when babies were on board, unfortunately, so I hopped into the passenger seat. 

"You know, my driving isn't that reckless."

"Yeah, well, I prefer our daughter not be thrown to the other side of the car or through the windshield. Plus, I want to keep the eggs in one piece too."

"Come on, you have that little faith in me?" She chuckled again before we were off. "Just once. Please? I'll prove I can handle it. Next time?" 

"No." She said with a smile, shaking her head. "Nope, no, no way."

"Well now who's the stick in the mud?" 

"Aw, that's cute. You're pouting."

"What? I am not pouting." 

"Then you wouldn't be so sour about this."

"I'm not! I'm just saying that you're afraid of my driving for no reason."

"You're not going to let this go, are you?" 

"I'm just saying." I repeated.

"Okay, you know what? You and I will go for a test drive to see if you can do it."

"I'm sorry, a test drive? What, do I need to get your version of a drivers license? You got a card?" 

"You know what? Yes, I will make a card and only when I give you that card will you be able to drive with Morgan and the groceries."

"Alright. Game on. I'm gonna get that card."

"Whatever you say."

We made it home and Pepper took Morgan inside as I started unloading the groceries. I worked on getting them inside as Pepper made sure Morgan was okay before starting to put everything away where it needed to be. 

Once we were done, I went to give Morgan her lunch. She was a messy one, I'll say that. I was gonna have to teach her proper etiquette once she was old enough to understand what that was. Still, she was so cute, even when making a mess. 

"You're gonna turn yourself into a food monster, little miss." I told her. She only giggled happily. "You like that idea, don't you? Yeah, of course you do." Soon enough lunch was over and it was nap time. At least, that's clearly what Morgan decided as she was playing with her toys in the living room for a bit before she laid down on her back and fell asleep. Pepper put her in her crib and picked up her things.