ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ-sɪx💜

Trust me, next chapter is a total vibe.
Just start voting and spamming to trigger the update babies.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

"Cherish," Aurora calls out to Cherish who only walks slowly into the dining room. Her Dad was out of town as usual, but she expected him to be back before Christmas Eve.

There was one person she had never ever been comfortable been around. No other person than her Dad's twin, Aunty Flourish. Her problems were too much for Cherish to handle. She was always complaining.

She spent most time and holidays with them. If there was something Cherish notice, it was how hard her Mum tried to tolerate Aunty Flourish.

"What took you so long?" Cherish heard her mum asks, while she raises her head up, only to meet her younger brother gaze.

"Mummy made porridge." He complains.

You could hear the disgust in his voice. That was the food he disliked the most, but unfortunately was always prepared by their mum.

"Good evening." Cherish says, sparing Aunty Flourish, who just hummed at her a glance.

"Prepare your things, we would be travelling for Christmas." Cherish heard her mum say, getting her full attention. She knew where she was spending her Christmas this year. Last year she did with her maternal grandparents, and it was more like an unspoken rule. That was one of the major times, she spent with her Mum's family.

"Your grandma is currently out of the county for treatment." She paused. This statement made me worried.

"What's wrong with her?" Cherish asks hastily.

"Your father said, she will be fine. She is getting better, it's not very serious." Aurora says picking a spoonful of her meal, meanwhile Cherish stares back at her, not touching her meal. Because she didn't sound convincing of her grandma's health. She was looking forward to spending the festive periods with them.

"We would be going to grandpa's place right." Her little brother suddenly asks. He was referring to the other grand Dad, not her's or their paternal.

"Grand Dad is currently out of the county. We would only be spending new year's eve with him.

"I thought they were going to spend new year eve, with my parents." Aunty Flourish suddenly says, not only getting Aurora's full attention but the kids.

"I already spoke to Light, he agreed they should spend time with my family this year," Aurora responds immediately. Cherish didn't miss the tension in the air.

Her phone suddenly beeps, she pulls it slowly, only to see the notification on the screen. Zara tagged her on a post.

She finally remembered she had a best friend.

That was what she thought of grudgingly, that moment. But she could never be angry at her for too long.

"What kind of manners are you teaching her? Pressing her phone during meals." Aunty Flourish suddenly asks, making Cherish slowly take her head up. She hadn't even touched her food. She didn't dare look at Aunty Flourish face, the lady did terrify her.

"Cherish, put the phone away and concentrate on your food." Cherish heard her Mum say calmly. She doesn't take her eyes up, only pulls the plate of food closer, though she had already lost appetite.

"We would go to the salon tomorrow."

______________________ 🖊️