CHAPTER SIXTEEN💜

Staring at the new student, Jewel bites her pen, more like a bad habit. She was used to.

"My name is Munachi Ameachi." Jewel found herself staring at the girl in question, like she could see to her.

She could see the look of discomfort on her face, it was obvious she wasn't enjoying the attention she was getting, like she wanted them to divert their attention somewhere else.

Watching Mr John praise her in silence, the fact she had successfully ignored Geraldine all through the day, couldn't be overlooked.

She didn't like Veronica, to her she was two-faced. There was something about those over-friendly people to her, always acting nice and all that. She knew it was always a facade.

Another reason for her dislike towards Veronica, was the fact she couldn't share her best friend, staying in there company would arouse some things which were uncalled for.

There was no way, she would stay in their company, without saying something that would cause a stir.

She could manage to accommodate Nengi, not Veronica, she couldn't tolerate her mere presence.

"Let her seat there!" Mr John's voice cut through Jewel's thoughts. She takes her eyes up slowly, thereby raising her brows.

She doesn't miss the new student in question, there is no excitement in her when their eyes meet, especially with the new development.

Munachi was just asked to join their seat by Mr John, which sounded like a mosquito sound to her ears, in the sense that it wasn't pleasant.

"Sir, we can't accommodate her." Jewel blurts out boldly. "The seat isn't capable of containing us." She says looking grim. There isn't any excitement in her eyes. Her face seems void of any emotions. Just her gazes on Mr John, who stared back at her with a look, which she couldn't fathom.

"That seat, is supposed to contain five students, and you all on that roll, are just four." Mr John says it was obvious he used his eyes to take in the amount they were, during her speech.

"I don't know how big her bumbum is!" Ekanem says, words carelessly getting rolling off her tongue, forgetting there was a teacher in the class, Mrs John give her a casual look.

Jewel gulps in hard, giving Mr John an expressionless look, you couldn't tell what was going on in her mind, with her facial expression.

"Gidi, let her have a seat." Mr John says.

All this while, Jewel noticed every member of the class had their eyes on them.

"Are you going in or letting her go in?" Mr John, suddenly asks, looking impatient.

Geraldine who had a calm look on her face, gets up, giving Munachi her way.
Jewel on the other hand doesn't move.
Hindering Munachi, thereby making her halt. Mr John who noticed this, faces Jewel immediately.

"Jewel Adenuga!" Mr John calls in an authoritative tone.

Jewel gets up slowly, turning to Leo at the same time, since he was the one seating closer to her.

"Can you please move!" Those words rolled out of her mouth, she didn't seem polite about it, Leo who showed no reaction turns to her, that was when she realized Mr John wanted her to move. She doesn't utter another word, she does what was expected of her, not missing the look Nengi was giving her.

Finally turning to Munachi, whose eyes were fixed on a particular person, she follows the lead, only to meet Leo whose eyes were downcast.

Jewel who seemed slightly irritated, turns to Munachi.