CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX💜

"Aren't you going for dinner?” Munachi who has just walked into the restroom asks, meanwhile Geraldine who is unclad uses the medium to clean her wet body. 

it was obvious she didn't want to go for dinner, because if she had wanted to, she should have gotten prepared a long time ago.

The dormitory seemed to be almost empty. Her thoughts had driven to Jewel, she had wanted to talk to her, but didn't get the opportunity in class, and after that, she didn't know how she scaled through without her notice.

It wasn't something to deny anymore, she had stopped seating with them during lunch, she won't be shocked if she actually stops sitting with them in class.

She really missed her, Jewel's usual banter, and complains, she was never satisfied with anything, her babyish behaviour. Jewel was a big baby, she won't blame her, it was obvious, she was brought up that way.

So she acted that way. She could be very annoying, but Jewel could never hurt a fly, she could only talk, and provoke you, threaten you, but would forget about what she said, after some time.

"You can go, I am not feeling too well.” Geraldine suddenly says, she wasn't lying. That was how she was feeling.

"Okay, I will just eat from my provisions then." Munachi doesn't take a minute to respond, making Jewel turn her head to her direction slowly.

"You don't have to stay behind," Geraldine says in a soft tone.

"You aren't feeling well. You shouldn't be alone, besides who will | seat with there?" Munachi smiles.

"Nengi!" Geraldine responds without thinking, meanwhile Munachi chuckles.

"Abeg be fast, let's go inside." Munachi who seemed like she wasn't giving in any time suddenly says.

Meanwhile, Geraldine releases a weak smile, headache slowly engulfing her.

"What's wrong?” Munachi asks, immediately she notices her body language.

"It's..." She hesitates, which Munachi didn't miss.

In all honesty, she didn't want to bring up Jewel up.

Jewel wasn't a fan of her, so talking about Jewel with her, won't be right. So she thought.

"Jewel." She finally blurts out. It bothered her. She didn't miss the mixed reaction made from Munachi, which suddenly seemed straight.

"You should talk to her." There was something about the way she said this, although Geraldine seemed rather too lost to notice it. "Not like | have any ill-feeling towards her, but if she wants to stay away, it's her business, you can't be the only one trying to talk to her, what kind of friendship Is that?” Munachi asks, looking serious. Meanwhile, Geraldine swallows the imaginary lump in her throat.

Geraldine who suddenly felt tongued tied, stared back at Munachi.

Apparently, she looked dazed. While Munachi stares back at her silently, now giving her a strange look.

"Jewel isn't like..., " She pauses. She clearly had nothing to say. "She could be difficult most times, but..., "

Geraldine takes a deep breath, before facing Munachi properly. Deep down she wanted her to know Jewel wasn't a bad person.

She had come to like Munachi's company. The girl was really something, fun, easy-going and smart, she also loved Jewel too.

It wasn't a bad thing to have more than one friend or was it?