CHAPTER TWENTY💜

"Are you blind?" Jewel yells. This brought almost everyone in the classroom toa standstill. It's a Tuesday morning, and they just got back from the assembly hall. 

With the look on her face, you would think something tragic happened to her.

"Why do you always step on me? Your day hasn't begun if you haven't done it, now I think you are doing this on purpose. You always do this. If i step on you now. I would look like a wicked person." Jewel raps, not minding that she had gotten everyone's attention, with the way age shouted.

"Wahalah oh. Just that little thing!” Jessica, one of the occupants of the back seats says in a carefree tone.

"Aporoko, who invited you? If it's so little, why don't you come let me step on your shoes? Or you think i am as dirty as you are? Dirty pig.” Jewel rushes her words without blinking her eyes. Her eyes were both fixed on Jessica and the occupants of her seat.

"Are you sure you are mentally okay? Because you act like a retard!" Jessica suddenly says, more like Jewel's statement got to her.

"Who looks more like a retard? Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" Jewel asks, she looked very serious. "I would advise you to do...,"

"Jewel!" Geraldine who had kept shut all this while, watching the whole drama unfolds, says now pulling Jewel by the arm. Most times she wondered how Jewel got the energy. She was capable of standing against the whole class at the same time. And most things she said was hurtful. More like she didn't think before speaking.

It was just a little issue between Jewel and Munachi which just had to escalate, even without Munachi contributing to it.

"The next time you step on me. I would drench you with any liquid close to me.” Jewel suddenly says directly to Munachi's face. Munachi who seemed little affected by her threats, just chuckles, twitching her left cheek.

"Really?." With that, she takes a seat. This response seems to have hit Jewel on a spot, she hated it when she wasn't taking seriously, and she meant it.

The fact she and Geraldine had suddenly been acting like long lost friends, wasn't the issue. She felt Munachi had been looking for a way to get her to always talk. This wasn't the first, second or third time, she was stepping on her. So she didn't count it as a mistake anymore.

"Just don't hit it hard, because the day! open my mouth to talk to you. You would cry for days. I am not bluffing, and no one should come saying, I don't have human sympathy." With that, she takes a seat, not after meeting the confused look on Geraldine’s face, and Nengi's silent glares. She wasn't ready for him. But was keeping his cup ready, because he had been getting on her nerves.

"Must you always yell?” Jewel turns to her left immediately, only to see Leo staring back at her. He didn't look himself, he looked very pale. "At least have sympathy on the people around you, you can always settle issues calm..., "

"Mind your business." She cuts him off, even before he could complete his statement.

"There are many ways to settle issues, my head is blasting. And your nose isn't helping.”

With that, he places his head on the desk, without uttering another word.

"Compliment class!" Ekanem's voice is heard.

Everyone gets to there feet, meanwhile Jewel gets sluggishly, she couldn't help but wonder where Leo got the balls to talk back at her. Before now he never spoke back, but of recent, he had been doing it.

ᴄᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛᴇᴅ (ᴛᴇᴇɴ ғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ) ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें